SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Worlds Finest Trimer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worlds Finest Trimer Login/Join 
posted
What does one think about this trimmer for doing 223? Is it worth it, does it work and will it last? The viedos make it look easy but I thought I should ask others first before trying one. Any other units I should look at? Only doing a couple 1000 a year. Thanks

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
A friend gave me one and I didn't like it.

I use the trimmers from CTS Engineering. I get a better feel from them and can tell when the trimmer is thru cutting by the feel alone.

http://www.ctstrimmer.com/6-case-trimmers

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Worlds Finest Trimer

I bought one years back,works fine.
I have one of the older ones that is a might hard to set the mill end.
After a couple of cases of right length for a start point you are good to go.
I took it way beyond trimming with making a clamp on table that chaf and champ the case after the trim.
Takes from six to a dozen seconds to do all three steps
powered by a d c variable motor and this runs all three cutters
I turned the spools from delron on my lathe and it uses a 1/8 rubber band to take power off the drive
I have inserts for 223,308,3006 and 5 7X28
I am very pleased with the contraption I wound up with.
I clean and size brass at the start and have gone thru many thousand of rounds with this little home made tool

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
What does one think about this trimmer for doing 223? Is it worth it, does it work and will it last? The viedos make it look easy but I thought I should ask others first before trying one. Any other units I should look at? Only doing a couple 1000 a year. Thanks

You have mail

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have three and they work for me.

The Giraud tri-trimmer(I forget what it is called) trims and chamfers at the same time. WFT may have newer versions that do this. My WFT's are a few years old.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I dont see in your post what trimmer you are asking about. Ive had several but, the manual one I used the most was a basic RCBS. I bolted it vertically to one of my loading bench legs. Stand the case in its respective recess, turn the collett handle to lock the case in and lower the piloted cutter to the case mouth. Dial cals at the ready. I could trim very accurate, in short amount of time.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Forster trimmer which works great.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I dont see in your post what trimmer you are asking about. Ive had several but, the manual one I used the most was a basic RCBS. I bolted it vertically to one of my loading bench legs. Stand the case in its respective recess, turn the collett handle to lock the case in and lower the piloted cutter to the case mouth. Dial cals at the ready. I could trim very accurate, in short amount of time.

https://littlecrowgunworks.com...-wft/?v=7516fd43adaa

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one for .223 and .308 and like them a lot.

Setting up the length isn’t bad...I take a spent casing and set it, then trim and measure. I then use an old spark plug gap gauge and use it as a shim to set the final length.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post