SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    to Mr. Bulletfeeder or not Mr. Bulletfeeder.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

to Mr. Bulletfeeder or not Mr. Bulletfeeder..... Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted
I'm most likely going to buy one. Those of you with them, do you have any remorse?

I reload about 15,000 rounds per year on a Dillon 650.

Opinions? good or bad please.....

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
As long as it would function fine I think it would be great, but then I would want a mortised drive after that. Thousand rounds in one sitting doesn't really take that long on a 650 doing the manual way. if you reloaded just 3 hours a month you could keep up with 15 k rounds easily.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I produce 20-25k per year. I don't use a bullet feeder and do just fine....

It gives me just that extra step/pause to check everything over before seating a bullet.

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
I use them for rifle, I prefer the GSI because I can keep the powder check die in 3, seat in 4 and crimp in 5. All the other feeders force your to give up a station. Well, except the Lee feeder, only problem with it is making it work for more than a few hundred rounds without spitting bullets.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
......now I'm beginning to think I should order some bullets and primers and skip the bullet feeder. I do enjoy the machine as is.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
The MB feeder is great, but IMO, just complicates things but does work well. I load about 12k rds a year on a 550 & 650, I don't want or need a bullet feeder. BTW, if you shoot lead bullets, big headache.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have a Mr. Bulletfeeder and pretty much love it. However, it's on a 650 that loads 45ACP and nothing but. So there's no moving it, converting it, readjusting it.

I don't realize just how much I love it and the case feeder till I load on my 550's Roll Eyes Big Grin

FWIW... I had a GSI International bullet feeder and it was a beautiful, well made, turd. Mad Couldn't get it to work worth a damn. After fighting with it for too long, I returned it for a refund, but at a great financial hit, shipping was astronomical.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post