SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Factory seconds on bullets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Factory seconds on bullets Login/Join 
posted
Midway has them on sale. Anyone had experience with them?

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I bought a couple calibers about twenty years ago
Still have a dozen blue boxes.
They looked great ,few were a little tarnished from age.
Back then I did not have an electronic scale to weigh them and the balance beam was too slow .
the ones I got were made by a company in Australia .
They shot just fine at a hundred yards.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've not bought them from Midway, but I have bought several different brands of blems from two other companies. I've yet to see anything wrong with any of them. Shot just fine.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting factory second for years. Especially the Nosler seconds. Never had a problem. Been very satisfied with all I bought..

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 37 | Location: South FL. | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
A friend bought a lot od Speer seconds as he trucked near the place. Bullets for his AR, 454 Casull and 44 Magnum. I dont know how much he ever checked them but he did shoot them a lot.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have bought BLEMs for decades

Nothing wrong with shooting them

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post