SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    She likes the SMK's!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
She likes the SMK's!!! Login/Join 
Member
Picture of rockchalk06
posted
It's taken me about 100 rounds, but I have found the load for my 65 Creed.

Decent wind yesterday and I debated even testing these loads, but gave in. 18-20 MPH gusts. Two groups of 140 grain Match King's. 40.7 and 40.9. .020" off the lands, once fired Hornady Match brass fire formed to my HMR. .7 posted a 5 shot group .444" and 40.9 posted a 5 shot group of .468". Standard deviation on the .7 load was 7.21, but the .9 was 5.50. I went with 40.9. This rifle is stupid accurate.

Next step, 1000 yards. We are working up a load for my buddies BMP in 65, then headed to a different range.

 
Posts: 1330 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
It's taken me about 100 rounds, but I have found the load for my 65 Creed.

Decent wind yesterday and I debated even testing these loads, but gave in. 18-20 MPH gusts. Two groups of 140 grain Match King's. 40.7 and 40.9. .020" off the lands, once fired Hornady Match brass fire formed to my HMR. .7 posted a 5 shot group .444" and 40.9 posted a 5 shot group of .468". Standard deviation on the .7 load was 7.21, but the .9 was 5.50. I went with 40.9. This rifle is stupid accurate.

Next step, 1000 yards. We are working up a load for my buddies BMP in 65, then headed to a different range.



What powder are you using?


 
Posts: 1690 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
H4350
 
Posts: 1330 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
You found a node there, I also hit on one at 41.4/5 (H4350) in My HMR. Dang fine shooter, 41.5 and Hornady 140 BTHP had single digit SD and 200 yd groups just around 1 inch. Held near that out to 400 yds, avg velocity at 2600, 210M primer. No wind, I was in the zone for a change. Together we shot better than previous range trips.

The 140 BTHP shot better than I expected, the 140 ELD M proved a bit more fussy. Playing with primers and seating. RL16 will be up next.
 
Posts: 1296 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRshootem:
You found a node there, I also hit on one at 41.4/5 (H4350) in My HMR. Dang fine shooter, 41.5 and Hornady 140 BTHP had single digit SD and 200 yd groups just around 1 inch. Held near that out to 400 yds, avg velocity at 2600, 210M primer. No wind, I was in the zone for a change. Together we shot better than previous range trips.

The 140 BTHP shot better than I expected, the 140 ELD M proved a bit more fussy. Playing with primers and seating. RL16 will be up next.


I never tried the Hornady ELD or BTHP's. I probably should have, but the Power Valley was out of both when I did my order. Nolser CC and SMK's were in stock and jumped on both.
 
Posts: 1330 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
quote:
Originally posted by TRshootem:
You found a node there, I also hit on one at 41.4/5 (H4350) in My HMR. Dang fine shooter, 41.5 and Hornady 140 BTHP had single digit SD and 200 yd groups just around 1 inch. Held near that out to 400 yds, avg velocity at 2600, 210M primer. No wind, I was in the zone for a change. Together we shot better than previous range trips.

The 140 BTHP shot better than I expected, the 140 ELD M proved a bit more fussy. Playing with primers and seating. RL16 will be up next.


I never tried the Hornady ELD or BTHP's. I probably should have, but the Power Valley was out of both when I did my order. Nolser CC and SMK's were in stock and jumped on both.

Blue Collar Reloading has some if you feel like trying.


 
Posts: 1690 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    She likes the SMK's!!!

© SIGforum 2020