SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Lee Progressive Press?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee Progressive Press? Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
^^Ummm, that’s the whole point, isn’t it? I had to wait about 30 seconds for that big-ass avatar to load before I could read the thread. Very distracting from the topic.

There’s no need to post using an avatar that large.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10 years using a Lee load master loading 9mm 45acp, 223 & 38spl/357. I talked to a 40+ year reloader when I went to buy a press. He said that he owned every make and everyone had a weak spot. He was right!

AzCDL
War is less costly than servitude
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Posts: 71 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Loaded plenty 9mm and 357 on a Lee Loadmaster. Only problem I ever had was with the primer feeder.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use lee hand presses for everything, and a hand primer, with a separate powder measure. I use several hand presses so I don't end up swapping dies around much until I do a caliber change.

Fine for relatively small batches. A couple of years ago I did four thousand rounds getting ready for a course, and that was a pain.

Powder charges are extremely consistent, though. I do everything by hand on a loading block, weigh every 10th round and any that look off, and wind up with very accurate charge weights. Every round gets checked with calipers. Every primer hold and pocket gets direct attention, as does each case. It's slow and takes time and labor, but the rounds are consistent. I have a lee factory crimp for the finished product.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I replaced my primer feeder with the updated one and it works great.
I've never had a problem with large primers though.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post