SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Thank you NikonUser
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you NikonUser Login/Join 
Picture of henryrifle
posted
NikonUser, you have put a lot of effort into writing and updating several very useful aspects relating to the shooting sports. I am thinking about your hand loading and optics write-ups in particular.

Over the past year, for me, hand loading has evolved from a means to an end to an often fun challenge to produce high-quality and consistent rounds that have allowed me to focus much more on fundamentals and the mechanics of shooting with no thoughts like “was it me or was it the ammo?” Now I know it was me.

Switching to a Redding small base bushing die was a big step forward but your process of prepping brass, taking care of it after it is used in the rifle and keeping generations together was a big help too.

I have a lot of instruments now to measure concentricity, to precisely seat projectiles and to measure how consistently or inconsistently loaded rounds perform exiting the muzzle. I’ve gone from SDs in the high teens and high twenties to SDs in in the 2-7 range as reported by Labradar.

Before I get carried away, what I really want to say is thank you for the time and effort that you expended to present some very involved steps, advanced concepts and methods and nuances that a relatively new hand loader could understand and absorb and over a modest period of time to change and incorporate that learning into everyday practice. You are a very good mentor and I am very appreciative.

Thank you again,
Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I, too, have benefited greatly for the knowledge you shared.

Thanks,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Henryrifle, I'm a little (ok, a lot) overwhelmed by your very kind note and I don't know what to say - which is a first for me.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this, I really do appreciate it.

Let's continue the reloading and shooting dialog.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rduckwor, thank you for the kind thoughts. It's very nice of you to write that. I also have learned from your posts and that's what s forum such as this is all about.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Another beneficiary here! Thanks for the contributions!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Add me to this list. Have really benefited from NikonUser port and threads.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benny6, thank you for the nice words.

posted Hide Post
Ed308, That is very kind of you. I really appreciate it.

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
The board certainly benefits from your contributions. It takes a decent amount of time to coherently sit down and post something so technical. Time and knowledge are two things you cant put a price tag on.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you entropy, for the nice words. I find writing to be a lot of fun, especially writing about things I know well. This has served me well in my career and I really enjoy writing about various aspects of shooting.