SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Processing 3000+ 5.56 LC brass and losing my mind!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Processing 3000+ 5.56 LC brass and losing my mind! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
At this point; I totally regret buying these cases, but panic was overwhelming at the time; so here I am. 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi........... 2,436 Mississippi...

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SGT69
posted Hide Post
I received a few thousand 5.56 LC cases from a friend who had acquired about 1500 lbs of it from a military source. I was too lazy to process it myself so I sent it off to a place in Terre Haute, Indiana who fully processed it and returned shipped to my door for $34 a thousand. Their service included stainless pin cleaning inside and out, polishing, depriming, swaging (crimp removed), full length sizing and trimming brass to correct length.

Since I had zero investment in the cost of the brass itself, this was an easy decision. I am extremely pleased with the finished product. I've checked them for correct length, sizing and with a primer pocket go/no go gauge and have found them all good to go.

http://bullseyeprocessedbrass.com/

Posts: 95 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for buying processed once fired brass with the primer crimps removed. After that, its just a matter of sizing/trimming/re-cleaning.
Well worth the time savings for a small extra cost.
Still more than picking up range brass for free, but you have no history of range brass and don;t know how many times it's been releoaded or how it was prepped.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post