SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    TiteGroup vs. Unique for XTP in Sig 238
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TiteGroup vs. Unique for XTP in Sig 238 Login/Join 
posted
As the title says I'm vacillating between two loads both achieving around 940fps.
The TiteGroup load would be max while the Unique load produces Conciderably less pressure.

TiteGroup does not fill a case well because it is very dense, and since I'm reaching a max load this scares me a bit. Whereas Unique would be more forgiving and couldn't be double charged because it really fills the case.

Any thoughts?

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Unique would be the better choice between those two powders. With it you will reduce the chances of pressure spikes and double charges.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Win-231/HP-38 is the ‘preferred’ powder for the 380, with normal bullet weights. Just saying, cross reference a few manuals.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Win-231/HP-38 is the ‘preferred’ powder for the 380, with normal bullet weights. Just saying, cross reference a few manuals.

I do have some 231/HP-38 maybe I'll just whip up some of that. I chose Unique & TiteGroup because I have a good supply of that.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would choose Unique over those two, but usually load Red Dot in my 380 brass.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

Are these powders softer shooting than Titegroup or Red Dot?

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it is heresy, but I have never had good luck with Unique in anything I loaded for (38, 357, 45acp). Always some other powder was better. Not sure if is "FLAKE" granules making it hard to consistently measure or something else but 231, titegroup, HP38, VV 320 all were better for me.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post