SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Karma! Sample bag of Bayou 9mm 147gr FP bullets.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma! Sample bag of Bayou 9mm 147gr FP bullets. Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
There are approximately 100 bullets in the bag, I took a few out to test fit. NOTE: Heavy lead coated bullets have been know not to shoot well in polygon rifling such as HK and Glock uses.

Anyway, rules:
Must live in the US
Must currently reload
Pick a number between 1 and 99, closest without going over wins
I would appreciate feed back on loading and shooting experience, but not required.
Lastly, if you don’t use them all, please pass them on.

Karma ends on 3JUL18 midnight Mountain Time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Please include me. I reload for 9mm and I prefer a heavy bullet.

93 is my pick.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Please include me. I'll take #22.

I've been reloading for 35 years, but only started loading for semi-auto pistols about 10 years ago.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me. would like to try some heavier bullets.

My number pick is 55 (my old badge number)

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I shoot that bullet weight in USPSA, great accuracy and recoil is a non issue with the right propellant combo at 900 fps, plus or minus a little to suit. A nice karma, not participating, just commenting.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I load 147 gr over VV320 and they shoot great out of the 320.
I’ll go with 47.

Thanks !

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since 47 is gone, I will take 89.

My Sig P Series thank you.

Posts: 39 | Registered: May 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Bump!

I currently shoot a 145gr coated bullet from Summers Enterprises but I wanted to test another brand of heavies. I have decided that I’ll stay heavy but with a round nose.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRshootem:
I shoot that bullet weight in USPSA, great accuracy and recoil is a non issue with the right propellant combo at 900 fps, plus or minus a little to suit. A nice karma, not participating, just commenting.

Yes indeed!

posted Hide Post
I will pick #69
I reload for 9mm, never tried 147 yet.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I'll take # 39.
As for 9mm; once I began loading specifically for the chamber (COL) in my M&P 9 Pro, things got better. I size them specifically for that gun. Then, by trying different recoil springs, I found the one that works best in terms of ejection and slide speed/movement. It really made a difference.
Thank you for the opportunity!

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
All I load anymore is 9mm and always looking for new bullets to try, especially heavier subsonic loads.
I'll pick #27.
Thanks!

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1072 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
69, dude!

I use these for subsonic loads for my suppressor.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont currently load 9mm luger but I'd like to start. I do load for a few like calibers using that bullet currently.

#82 please

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have never reloaded nor shot 147gr lead before, I'd like to give it a shot (pun intended).

97 is my guess, thanks for the chance.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
# 7 for me! I do reload this caliber. Thanks for the chance!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Winning number is 6!

Sigwally is the winner. Watch for an email.

NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Thank you Riley! This is very much appreciated!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post