SIGforum
Primer pricing help, please

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/8860008774

December 19, 2020, 02:18 PM
cne32507
Primer pricing help, please
I have my home for sale and when it sells I can't carry my reloading equipment/supplies to where we are moving. I am inventorying and pricing now and will put up all of my reloading equipment and supplies for sale as a package when the house sells. I plan to sell it all at once; cash & carry.

I need some help pricing the primers:
Win WSP (small pistol) 3600
CCI #200 (large rifle) 950
CCI #400 (small rifle) 2600
shotgun 7000
December 19, 2020, 02:25 PM
MikeinNC
Pre panic pricing was in the ball park of $30-32 per 1000...regardless of primer size....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
December 19, 2020, 03:23 PM
Oat_Action_Man
Yep, my local store had the WSP on the shelf for $29.99, I think, and the CCI SR primers for like $34. That was pre-panic.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
December 20, 2020, 05:30 AM
sourdough44
In current times $40 per 1k of spp isn’t gouging. Small rifle also not easy to find. With a package deal maybe average down a bit for quick, local sale.

Some of those prices you see on Gunbroker are almost a joke.

If you weren’t in ‘hurricane central’ I may scrape some $$ together.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sourdough44,
December 20, 2020, 05:49 PM
Rinehart
In late Oct I paid $37 for 1k of Federal 209 primers (the only ones they had in stock).
Last time I was in there about a week ago they were out of all primers and had long ago instituted a 2-box limit (small box, not brick).
Even Grice Gun Shop East of us was out the last time I checked.
December 21, 2020, 07:07 AM
chellim1
^^^ Yeah, I wish the OP had some Win W209 shotgun primers for sale. I'd buy them.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor