SIGforum
Multi stage reloading and powder hopper

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/8810041164

September 18, 2019, 09:57 PM
PCWyoming
Multi stage reloading and powder hopper
Getting ready to move into a progressive press setup.
How long do you leave powder in your powder drop?
Do you empty it after each session or leave it in hopper for several days if you are coming back to reload?
Recommendations appreciated.

PC
September 18, 2019, 11:44 PM
AZSigs
As I do long runs when reloading (3000 over 2-3 days) I leave the powder in the hopper until I am finished. Then I empty it. The hopper gets cloudy from residue if left for a long time.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor
September 19, 2019, 08:52 AM
mark60
I usually reload on Saturday's for an hour or so and then come back later in the day and do another hour or so. I leave the powder in until I'm finished for the day but then I empty it back into the jug each day.
September 19, 2019, 05:45 PM
GT-40DOC
I leave the powder in the hopper until I have loaded all of that caliber that I had planned.....then empty, and change toolhead to next caliber to be loaded.
September 19, 2019, 07:41 PM
odin
I'm anal. I empty the powder after every session. That way, if I want to use a different powder next time, I can!
September 19, 2019, 10:04 PM
Riley
A week or three at a time. I usually run a powder hopper worth of ammo if I can and then switch calibers.

I always check when I get back to it and since it’s in the dark basement, and I don’t leave it for long long periods, I’ve not noticed discoloring. I rubber band a dryer sheet to it and use masking tape to write the caliber and powder on it.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.