SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Dies for Single Stage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dies for Single Stage Login/Join 
Picture of Edselbutler
posted
Greetings- New to reloading. Wife bought me a Forester Co-Ax for birthday. Looking for Dies to begin reloading 500sw. Can dies intended for Turret or Progressive press be used on Single Stage press? Recommendations please. Thanks

Posts: 204 | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
For the most part, any manufacturers dies can be used, they have standard thread. I have a turret type press, use Lee, RCBS, Hornady, & Redding dies.

My favorite dies are Redding, of the ones I’ve tried.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
As said most all dies have the std threads but not all dies sets are complete. The Dillon dies do not come with a Expander die, all others do that I'm aware of. Stay with the main steam and you will be fine.

Most of my dies are RCBS, Hornady and Redding. I don't care for Lee.

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger

Posts: 3464 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You won't go wrong with RCBS, Hornady, or Redding. Quality lasts forever.....almost!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
any die (for the most part) will work in a Co-Ax,

you will just need one of the rings to use on the die if they come with the smaller hex nut,

be careful with some of the tall BenchRest type seater dies, I have and old model (maybe lyman,, cannot remember) That is too tall to work on the Co-Ax

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
I think Redding and Lyman make the best single stage dies... and I have had good luck with RCBS, though I'm told quality of late is not as good as it once was.

I only use Lee dies for cartridges I expect to load in very small quantities...

FWIW

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1348 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I bet Forster dies work good in a Co-Ax. Wink

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Never seen Forster pistol dies and don't see any on their web site.

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Edselbutler
posted Hide Post
Bought a set of Redding Titanium Carbide Dies. Thanks for all the input friends.

Posts: 204 | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edselbutler:
Bought a set of Redding Titanium Carbide Dies. Thanks for all the input friends.

You could not have made a better choice.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post