SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Who buys once fired brass?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who buys once fired brass? Login/Join 
Picture of P226_operator
posted
Hey guys, any suggestions on who buys .223/5.56 and 9mm brass? My dad has a ton of it but we don't know who is buying, or what's the best way to sell it all. Thanks!

"Make like a Civil Engineer; build a bridge, and get over it!"

Posts: 334 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
What is the source?

Put an ad in the classifieds and it may sell depending on known source, headstamp, etc.
Last brass I bought from the classifieds came shipped in a large USPS bubble wrap envelope. It traveled just fine like that.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I reload and buy it all the time because I'm too lazy to pick up and process brass. I only buy polished brass but you may not want to go to the trouble. Place an add somewhere, like here, and set a shipped price. Use USPS flat rate boxes.

Posts: 4075 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
I buy brass from individuals in the classifieds as well. In most cases, it's in minimum of 1,000 pcs up to a large flat rate box full. I like to have my brass unprocessed because I want to have full control over how it's processed.

If priced right, it will sell.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you really have a ton of it
And want to move it in bulk
Check with the local scrap yard

We have a lot of police departments shooting at the club I belong to and a lot of the pickers are taking it to the scrap yards

The club made some good dollars a few years ago when they took in a 55 gal barrel filled with 50 cal shells after a long training week...

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in your brass. I use both 9mm and 5.56 brass.
My email is in my profile.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Hint - don't sell it on GunBroker. With fees and the ridiculously low selling prices, you would make more $$ taking it to scrap buyer.

How much of each caliber do you really have? Clean weight, not with range trash, rocks, etc.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post