SIGforum
Who buys once fired brass?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/7990033544

August 04, 2018, 08:30 PM
P226_operator
Who buys once fired brass?
Hey guys, any suggestions on who buys .223/5.56 and 9mm brass? My dad has a ton of it but we don't know who is buying, or what's the best way to sell it all. Thanks!

"Make like a Civil Engineer; build a bridge, and get over it!"
August 05, 2018, 02:36 AM
KMitch200
What is the source?

Put an ad in the classifieds and it may sell depending on known source, headstamp, etc.
Last brass I bought from the classifieds came shipped in a large USPS bubble wrap envelope. It traveled just fine like that.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
August 05, 2018, 07:21 AM
cyberiad
I reload and buy it all the time because I'm too lazy to pick up and process brass. I only buy polished brass but you may not want to go to the trouble. Place an add somewhere, like here, and set a shipped price. Use USPS flat rate boxes.
August 05, 2018, 08:20 AM
hairy2dawg
I buy brass from individuals in the classifieds as well. In most cases, it's in minimum of 1,000 pcs up to a large flat rate box full. I like to have my brass unprocessed because I want to have full control over how it's processed.

If priced right, it will sell.
August 12, 2018, 10:30 AM
RC
If you really have a ton of it
And want to move it in bulk
Check with the local scrap yard

We have a lot of police departments shooting at the club I belong to and a lot of the pickers are taking it to the scrap yards

The club made some good dollars a few years ago when they took in a 55 gal barrel filled with 50 cal shells after a long training week...

RC
August 12, 2018, 04:17 PM
jsjac
I would be interested in your brass. I use both 9mm and 5.56 brass.
My email is in my profile.
August 19, 2018, 04:34 PM
AZSigs
Hint - don't sell it on GunBroker. With fees and the ridiculously low selling prices, you would make more $$ taking it to scrap buyer.

How much of each caliber do you really have? Clean weight, not with range trash, rocks, etc.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor