SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    WW 630 Powder
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WW 630 Powder Login/Join 
posted
Found nearly a full pound of 630 in the back of my powder cabinet. Does anyone have good data for this in 9mm x 19 with 124 gr.jacketed bullets? May as well use it up.

Posts: 1637 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used 630 back in the 70's to load very warm .38 spl loads. Great powder! I'll check some of my older manuals tonight for 9mm applications.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chris! I have WW loading manuals from back when, but they only list 115 gr bullets, because that was all WW made at the time. I have several thousand 125 FMJ-FP pulled from 357 Sig. May as well use them up, not worth selling.

Posts: 1637 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Speer #10 using a 125 gr bullet:

9.3 = 1070 fps.
9.7 = 1121 fps.

It specifies using magnum (CCI 550) primers. I don't recall ever using magnum primers and my notes from back then (for revolver loads) don't mention their use.

A note of possible interest, the manual lists a MAX load of 11.1 grains/630 for a 125 gr bullet in 38SPL, while my personal notes show me going as high as 13.5 grains.

Good luck.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great! I will load a couple boxes tomorrow. Thanks again for being part of the amazing resource that is forum.

posted Hide Post
My Hornady Third Edition 1980 shows WW 630 with a 124 FMJ. Start 8.0 for 1,000 fps to 9.3 for 1100 fps.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always use magnum primers with Win 630.

Win 630 is much like H110 (but not load equivalent). I still have lots of it and use it for full house loads for a .357 Magnum carbine.

Posts: 55 | Location: Boston | Registered: May 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loaded up a couple boxes with 9.3 gr, shot very well, burned clean. Primers are Sellier and Bellot small pistol standard, used because I bought a bunch back in 07, and still have most of them left. First chance I have, I plan to finish off the can. Also did batches with Blue Dot and Power Pistol, will finish off the BD after the 630. If I ever have to buy more, (not too likely)it will be PP.