SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Trading primers.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trading primers. Login/Join 
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted
I did something today I would have considered ludicrous several years ago.
I spotted a WTT Primers post on another Gun Forum.
I read the ad, checked the location, two hours driving time. (one way)
The guy had 1000 Large Pistol Primers and 1000 Small Pistol Primers.
He wanted 2000 Small Rifle Primers.
I asked if he had any Large Rifle Primers he could spare, he said he could spare 200.
So I did the trade. 2200 Small Rifle Primers for 1000 Large Pistol Primers, 1000 Small Pistol Primers, and 200 Large Rifle Primers.
With HazMat charges running on average of $20, plus whatever shipping would have been, (IF you could find any primers to buy) the tank of gas for the Jeep worked out well.
It's a new world out there.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've seen this numerous times on boards that are local to my area.

That and primers for trade for powder and visa versa.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I ran out of small pistol primers last March...haven’t shot USPSA since...I’ve got 4K of CCI41 primers, and I’d probably trade 2k for 2k of small pistol primers.....

I think you did good.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
MikeinNC,
Watch the video in this thread.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6130074874

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The toughest thing is finding someone within 2hrs of you that has what you want and needs what you have. But yeah, if you're local area has a firearms site, starting a Barter thread can pay dividends.. The national sites are too diverse.

Posts: 8 | Registered: February 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^ thank you sir!
I will load a few with the CCI 41 small rifle primers and see if my STI (40S&W)will fire them w/o issue (the 41 is designed with a hard cup for the AR15)

Then I’m gonna see if they work in my G19...I’ve only got 1000 rounds for it.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post