SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Inline Fabrication stands and quickmounts ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inline Fabrication stands and quickmounts ... Login/Join 
Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted
So after years, decades, of bolting presses and trimmers and powder stands to my old bench ... I just couldn't stand the thought of having so many holes in my new benches.

So I decided to invest in two mounts, the 9" and the inset plate from Inline. Then I invested in two quick change plates for my 650 and my T7.

Now I am obsessed.

In the past eight months I now have quick change plates for the above plus the 7" stand and the mini 4" (four mounts total including the inset flush plate) and I have quick change plates for my MEC Sizemaster, two Rock Chuckers, a Partner, my Trim Pro-2, my powder stand and accessory plates, my HF case cutter (for trimming 5.56 into 300 BLK) and a vice. Oh, and my RCBS Autoprime.

I can switch from standing to sitting and back to standing in about 30 seconds. It's a darn dream come true.

All-in-all about $500 worth from Inline but man oh man has it organized my new shop. I bought a couple of the wail rails and plate mounts to hang presses and accessories and bins out of the way when not in use ... heck, now I sit in the man cave and just admire it when I am not rolling a batch of something or other. I sit out there and read or watch shows on my tablet, listen to the radio ... completely avoiding the inside of the house when possible with wife and kids and grandkids running around everywhere.

I give Dan at Inline full credit for giving me the ability to make the space and organize ... well worth the investment over time. Really quality workmanship.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of inline.

I've got their bins, their wall mount holders for shellplate/turret and the best of all, their roller handles.

Here's a link to anyone interested in a peek at their products:

https://inlinefabrication.com/

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I am looking at roller handles for my 650 and T7. I think those items may be next on my list. I keep reading good things about adding them.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gallo Pazzesco:
Yeah I am looking at roller handles for my 650 and T7. I think those items may be next on my list. I keep reading good things about adding them.

A good friend told me that he had them on all his presses and told me to try one. I did and immediately bought another for my second progressive metallic press.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I bought one, then bought 2 more, and then figured out there is an interchangeable system. (It might not have existed back at the time).

That quick mount system is the bees knees for sure. If I build a new bench or reconfigure my setup, I'll definitely go with that for my progressives. Inline has been an excellent company to work with.

Here's the two I have with the swing arm for bins, on my current progressive setups:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
I bought one, then bought 2 more, and then figured out there is an interchangeable system. (It might not have existed back at the time).

That quick mount system is the bees knees for sure. If I build a new bench or reconfigure my setup, I'll definitely go with that for my progressives. Inline has been an excellent company to work with.

Here's the two I have with the swing arm for bins, on my current progressive setups:

I use Lee quick change mounts for 3 of my metallic presses that are mounted on the bench.

Three more presses are stored in a bin underneath the bench.

You might want to check the Lee out also.

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Inline is good stuff. Here's part of my setup...

My pictures must be old, they don't include my Redding Turret press that also hangs on my wall!

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How tough was it cutting that plate in 67Goat? Looks like you used a wood chisel rather than a router?

I have the spacer ... it works well, but I see people doing it all kinds of different ways.

I am actually using clamps to hold everything down when I use the stands at the moment. I keep moving the stands around in the new room trying to decide where I want to permanently mount the stands.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:

You know, now they make a new quick change top plate so you can convert your old stand/mount/riser into a quick change ultra mount.

https://inlinefabrication.com/...ress-mounting-system

Mash there ... scroll down five items. Changes your old riser into a quick change system.

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I love Inline. Dan makes great stuff at a good price. Excellent service, too.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep I just got a stand and ergo handle for my L&L and set it up, yesterday . I think its going to work great.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Inline is good stuff. Here's part of my setup...

My pictures must be old, they don't include my Redding Turret press that also hangs on my wall!

Now that's innovative. I've never seen reloading equipment mounted to a wall before.

Well done.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My plate looks (looked) like Goat’s, with a line on one size where the router got away from me....I pulled it up and sprayed it with WD40, mixed up a tube of JB Weld and bedded the quick plate. I have four other plates...two on RCBS rock chuckers, powder throw, trimmer and my vise! All of them swap out so easy and space is saved on the bench!

And I got the idea here on the forum. Thanks guys

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gallo Pazzesco:
How tough was it cutting that plate in 67Goat? Looks like you used a wood chisel rather than a router?

That was a hard lesson learned. I used a router. I made a plunge cut and made the outline I wanted following a pencil line. I then turned the router off to inspect my work. I then placed the router into the slot I just cut and turned it on. The damn thing caught an edge of the plywood and tore the plywood...what you now see. Boy was I pissed!

Note to self, don't turn on a router while inside of a cut. Make sure the bit isn't touching any wood when you turn it on!

quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Now that's innovative. I've never seen reloading equipment mounted to a wall before.

Well done.

Those are just storage brackets. When I want to use one of the presses I lift it out of the storage bracket and mount it to my bench in the picture above (Quick change system). When I am done I take if off the bench/out of the permanently mounted bracket and store it on my wall. That way nothing is taking up space on my bench.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Okay. That's also innovative.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
That was a hard lesson learned. I used a router. I made a plunge cut and made the outline I wanted following a pencil line. I then turned the router off to inspect my work. I then placed the router into the slot I just cut and turned it on. The damn thing caught an edge of the plywood and tore the plywood...what you now see. Boy was I pissed!

Note to self, don't turn on a router while inside of a cut. Make sure the bit isn't touching any wood when you turn it on.

I laughed ... only because I've been there, done that Brother.

I though long and hard about routing mine in and then stepped back and ordered the spacer plate. And I have a ton of experience with a plunge router but something told me not to even try it this time on this butcher block bench top made of hard oak. (See background bench - old picture from when I was trying to figure-out where to place what ... I've done some rearranging since.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gallo Pazzesco,

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I have 4 presses. All on their own Inline Stand plus other goodies. Dan has great stuff. And indeed good people. They used to be located 900 yards from me. Now they are 6-7 miles across town.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to look into this. I'm tired of swapping primer sizes on my RL-550 so I want to get a 2nd one and dedicate one to each primer setup. But, my bench is only about 4' long and it's already got one 550 and an RCBS single stage mounted on it. Just not room for another 550. I'm also toying with the idea of adding a turret press just to keep set up with dies that you use "once in a while" but don't want to have to swap in and out on the single stage press. Universal decapper, bullet puller, that sort of thing.

I'm thinking I would keep the turret mounted off to one side more or less permanently, and set up the others on a quick-change mount of some kind.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
T6 aluminum plate 1" thickness, drilled and tapped to accept Dillon, RCBS, Hornady and Hollywood presses. Changing from one press to another takes 2 minutes. There is zero flex.

Posts: 53 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post