SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Tightgroup vrs universal, which is cleaner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tightgroup vrs universal, which is cleaner Login/Join 
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted
On another site I'm reading a thread that one guy who shoots ipda is talking about powders. He said bullseye & tight group are cleaner than universal.

It's been a while but I remember it being the opposite ...
Y'all clear me up some plz.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’ve used all 3 of those over the years, nothing against Bullseye, but use Titegroup now for that burn speed.

Universal is a bit slower, more a ‘mid-range’ handgun powder.

I’d say also individual powders can be made to be cleaner or ‘dirtier’ with different pressure levels. So maybe some of it depends, I do like both Universal and Titegroup for suited applications.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
IT depends on the load leve. Universal at low pressures wont burn cleanly. TG & BE can both scorch the outside of the cases & leave a lot od crud in the gun as well.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Of those two, Universal Clays (I suspect you meant Universal Clays and not Universal) is cleaner but not with low pressure loads.

Haven't used Bullseye.

That said, I use Titegroup for general practice loads. W231 is grungy, but I find it so darn useful.

9mm and 45 ACP.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post