SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Inline Fabrication Ergo Roller handle vs Dillon Aluminum Roller on XL-650
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inline Fabrication Ergo Roller handle vs Dillon Aluminum Roller on XL-650 Login/Join 
posted
So I've decided to bite the bullet and upgrade the handle on my XL-650. That dang ball handle is cutting it anymore. I reload standing up and my press is on a Strong Mount.

Which one would be more comfortable, hand and shoulder wise?

Thanks.
-TVz

Posts: 432 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I have Dillons' plastic handle on my 650. I have loaded close to 300,000 rounds and I don't have a problem with it. Clean it every now and then and it is fine.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Dillon Aluminum Roller. I have pulled it thousands of times and have no issues. It fits, it works and it is backed by Dillon.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
I have Dillons' plastic handle on my 650. I have loaded close to 300,000 rounds and I don't have a problem with it. Clean it every now and then and it is fine.

The press moves freely and doesn't require a lot of force when raising the ram to the top or bottom. That's not the problem. The ball handle just wears into the center of my palm. No matter how I position my hand on it, that damn ball falls into the center. No getting away from it and that makes a sore spot. After a case of pistol my grip will be sore for several days.

Trying to get away from that.
-TVz

Posts: 432 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TVzombie:
quote:

The press moves freely and doesn't require a lot of force when raising the ram to the top or bottom. That's not the problem. The ball handle just wears into the center of my palm. No matter how I position my hand on it, that damn ball falls into the center. No getting away from it and that makes a sore spot. After a case of pistol my grip will be sore for several days.

Trying to get away from that.
-TVz

I should have said I have the plastic roller style handle. I also clean and lube the machine on a regular basis.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I should have said I have the plastic roller style handle. I also clean and lube the machine on a regular basis.

After looking at online videos last night I ordered the Inline handle. We'll see in a week.

For a few minutes I considered getting one of these to replace the stock plastic ball. Might do it if the new one disappoints. Not sure how I would fit it though. It would be pretty cool.

B&M shifter

Thanks guys.
-TVz

Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I have the Inline Fabrication handle on my Lee classic cast. It's very high quality. I would definitely buy it again.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post