SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    I Know how to Get Powder OUT of a Case...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Know how to Get Powder OUT of a Case... Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Try the tray from commercial ammo packaging.

Hmmm... Excellent idea. I think I should have some of those around.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe

Posts: 10219 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have made several loading blocks from scrap lumber in my shop. You can do it with a hand drill but a drillpress is easier. That way you can custom make the individual holes to the depth you want. Best regards, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights through and by the sacrifice of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 420 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
This has worked well for me. Powder pan and funnel.

If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism. —Thomas Sowell

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 835 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:

The problem is the funnel is too deep to contact the rim of the cartridge when the cartridge is set in the tray. Because of this about 1/25 - 1/3 of the powder does not make it into the case.

Any ideas?

I bought a cheap Lee funnel and trimmed the spout with a razor saw so it fits my 9mm cases when they are in the loading tray.

Posts: 1802 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post