SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Need some guidance about selling and shipping components...do I have this right?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some guidance about selling and shipping components...do I have this right? Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted
I know I can ship bullets, cases and ammo.

Powder and primers are a no go.

Correct?

Thanks guys.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes, that’s right. Powder is mostly a no-go.

If you have a UPS ‘service Center’ nearby, I’d try there, list any ammo as such.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Yep, sourdough nailed it. Powder and primers are a no go.

You can ship the primers if they're seated in cases, though.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have mailed ammo to myself for training classes, as well as left over ammo after classes. UPS service hubs are no problem, US Postal is a definite no go, and FedEx policy is coming or going from an FFL. I only ship ammo via UPS and mark it small arms munitions with appropriate markings. I have not tried to mail powder or primers, so I’m not sure. My UPS hub has been very knowledgeable when I had questions.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Back in the day I stocked up on Tula primers.it’s what I could find at the time. I used them without any issues. I’m never going to use the quantity that I have.

Would those be something folks would want?

They are dated from 2011 but have been stored in my dry, climate controlled basement in western, NC.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Back in the day I stocked up on Tula primers.it’s what I could find at the time. I used them without any issues. I’m never going to use the quantity that I have.

Would those be something folks would want?

They are dated from 2011 but have been stored in my dry, climate controlled basement in western, NC.

The climate control isn't important with primers, only keeping them dry is important. I'm still using primers I've stored in my garage at temps from 20 degrees to 140 degrees and they always go bang.

If I lived anywhere near you I'd buy them from you in a New York minute. So will the good folks in your state.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks Flash. I'll take an inventory.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes, primers are about the most difficult right now, SP then SR mostly. Not that large rifle or pistol are on any shelves, though large last longer normally with many shooters.

Last time I bought off a local FTF deal, primers were $20 for 1k, powder the same $20. That was 1.5 or so years ago, those prices are gone.

I’d think you could get a local NC buyer with little effort. Even pricing them to sell could be a fair more than you have into them.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Shotgun primers are starting to show up for sale on the net at not too terrible prices.

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Arms list is an option for local sales of primers and powder. I too have a large supply of Tula primers I have been thinking of selling. Every time I think about selling them, I just decide the keep 'em. Bought and paid for already.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post