SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Anyone have the micro die adjustment tool ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have the micro die adjustment tool ? Login/Join 
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted
http://www.pmatool.com/pma-mic...-thumb-screw-upgrade
I'm needing to control shoulder bump case by case for competition ammo.
6mm br-al.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
It's a lot cheaper just using a 7/8" Shim set from Amazon or your favorite hardware supplier. I paid $6 for my sets. If I need to change settings I just add or remove shims. Using a shim set it's always locked down and there is no excess play.

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger

Posts: 3464 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I have a shim set like Blue68f100 mentions, but I find I use the Redding Competition shell holders a lot. I find switching out shell holders to be very convenient and fast, and I'm fine with the .002 increments.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
I made a simple fixture that holds a 1" dial indicator. Makes it easy to put any die you want anywhere you want with precision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssw-AbNH7N4

It's worth noting the die in the Co-ax above has a cut in the rod for a flat blade and The nut has an inverted set screw locked to the shaft to give a good contact surface for the bearing in the tip of the indicator.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
^^^Really, why haven't you set up a website to start selling some of your gadgets? You know there's plenty of us tool junkies who would love to send you our money. That gadget to seperate out small primed 45ACP is genius.

Or do you just like making YouTube videos to torture us with envy? Smile

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
If there was enough of a market to live off of, someone in China would just steal the intellectual property and sell them for nothing.

FWIW, I have made some of them, for manufacturers, and that generally turns out to be more trouble than it's worth too.

One of the bullet flippers, I made for a company in the North East, they had for about 6 months and never paid. I had "sealed" the unit before I shipped it and when it was returned, they had just opened it up to reverse engineer what I had done to make it work.

All the while I had machined several of the 45 ACP primer sorter devices for them and my contact told me they would still be interested in them. I told them as soon as I received payment for the first product and prepayment for both cull devices, they would be on the way.

Then they asked if I could just ship one of them, I didn't.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I broke down and got it.
Best money I've spent so far !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post