SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    M17 is a singe shot with my reloads
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17 is a singe shot with my reloads Login/Join 
posted
Hi everyone. I have a Sig M17 with a omega 9k can and my reloads will not cycle the action.I can only find data for a 147 gr Hp with 3.4 grains of win 231 as max.I want to shoot a 147 gr FMJ with win 231 powder.Does anyone know what the Min and max of the win 231 would be with a 147 gr FMJ be? Does anyone have a load that they use with that bullet and powder? Thanks,Mark

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not with your powder...

But I use 147gr Black Bullet with 3.2gr of VVN320. It gets me about 830fps and functions in all my training weapons - 320 X5, 320 compact, M&P Pro, Sig MPX W/WO Can.

Just my $0.02.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I will try Tite Group or Vihtavouri powders and see if that will work with the can on.Thanks

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Titegroup is fine with jacketed, or copper coated bullets, but, too smoky for lead, or coated bullets.
I was using VV for coated bullets, but, after talking with the owner of Acme bullets, switched to Sport Pistol.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VV n350, AA 7 or Unique should all get you where you want to go and function well. I've shot all through multiple suppressors with good results. A few different guns as well.

231 isn't really the most suitable powder for this 147 grain load IMO.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
You have already stated the min and max charge for 231 with a 147gr bullet. Winchester's guide confirms that load data, so, I'm not sure what you are asking. The best bet is find a powder that works better with the bullet you want to shoot.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post