SIGforum
L&L Hornady reloader primer problem

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/6940057854

July 09, 2019, 06:22 PM
9mmnut
L&L Hornady reloader primer problem
When the primer tube gets down to the last few primers they refuse to fall into the shuttle. Does anyone have cure for this?
July 09, 2019, 08:46 PM
RichN
Are you using the white primer follower rod?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
July 09, 2019, 09:01 PM
C-Dubs
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
Are you using the white primer follower rod?

'Zackly what I was gonna say

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
July 10, 2019, 07:24 AM
Blue68f100
Clean the feed tube. And make sure your alignment is right. Mine will feed without a push rod, but I use one anyway.

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger
July 10, 2019, 01:53 PM
9mmnut
Need to get push rod. Thanks.
July 12, 2019, 03:40 PM
noylj
You shouldn't get down to the last few primers, but re-fill the primer tube. My LNL was great at priming, but it wouldn't feed the last primer even with the push rod.
July 12, 2019, 05:06 PM
RichN
quote:
Originally posted by noylj:
You shouldn't get down to the last few primers, but re-fill the primer tube. My LNL was great at priming, but it wouldn't feed the last primer even with the push rod.

Mine does reliably, and then the rod locks the shuttle back giving you a positive visual indicator that you are out of primers.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
July 14, 2019, 05:19 AM
45 Cal
One of my 550 B does that with winchester large rifle.I cured the pushrod lightness by installing a 458 socom brass case on it.
July 15, 2019, 03:51 PM
92fstech
quote:
Mine does reliably, and then the rod locks the shuttle back giving you a positive visual indicator that you are out of primers.

My experience as well. I like the priming system on the LNL...it's simple and reliable. OP, make sure you have the primer tube in the correct way. There is a shallow "neck" machined in the end of the tube that should be oriented towards the bottom so that it can sit in the socket and properly align the feed tube. When I first got mine, I had the tube in backwards and experienced problems similar to what you are describing. I flipped it so it's in the right way now, and have not had that problem since.