SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    EXX1976 ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EXX1976 ? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
What happened to him? He was a prolific poster here but no posts since July 4.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about the same thing recently.
Have not seen him on any of the forums that he used to post on. I have not checked his forum lately.
Looked on his forum. He posted there in November.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

I don't miss him.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

I don't miss him.

He went off in a thread in the rifle section. Mostly directed at me an another forum member. Para corrected him and he hasn't posted since. I reached out to him via email to extend the olive branch and he never responded. He'll be back again I presume.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I don't miss him.
Impressed me as one of these guys, once they get an idea in their head, there's no budging them. No give and take.

"My mind is made up, don't try to use that logic shit on me."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't miss him.

Ditto.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
If memory serves me correctly, Para rebuked him for being an a-hole in one of the threads, and hasn't been heard from since

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
That reminds me of the huge thread of the man being dragged off the plane, was it United? IIRC he was a doctor trying to get back home and work.

I recall that several of our professional airline pilots behaved badly in the thread, got their panties in a bunch, and have never been back.

Sometimes I just wonder why someone hasn't posted in a long time. I'm sure some just died.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't miss him.

He's the only member on my ignore list.

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth...he's a damn good dude and one of the most generous I know. Does not react well when pushed into a corner, but you always know where you stand with the man.

I miss his posts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
For what it's worth...he's a damn good dude and one of the most generous I know. Does not react well when put into a corner, but you always know where you stand with the man.

I miss his posts.

He sure did give me a lot of useful info about reloading.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rackrack:
quote:
quote:

I don't miss him.

He's the only member on my ignore list.

Same here!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I missed the post in question but I'll say he knew his stuff and was always willing to help me when I'd shoot him an email with a question. Not questioning the moderation at all, this is my favorite spot, but i hope all is well with him.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I feel badly that he left after I admonished him. Yes, he riled some members but it wasn't that bad or that much IMO, and he is welcome back if he wishes to visit us.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Bwahahaha. If you haven't noticed there are a few frequent posters that have quietly distanced themselves (on purpose) from specific forums. The ability to have passionate adult discussions is one of the things I truly miss about much of America.

Posts: 248 | Location: MN | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What are you talking about?

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I feel badly that he left after I admonished him. Yes, he riled some members but it wasn't that bad or that much IMO, and he is welcome back if he wishes to visit us.

Para not that you of all people need defending, but you didn't come down on him that hard. He's a grown man and should be able to control himself.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that, but I'm curious as to what's tickled Prudence's fancy.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prudence:
Bwahahaha. If you haven't noticed there are a few frequent posters that have quietly distanced themselves (on purpose) from specific forums. The ability to have passionate adult discussions is one of the things I truly miss about much of America.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd like an answer, please.