SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    EXX1976 ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EXX1976 ? Login/Join 
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
He could have been killed by a drunk driver on the 4th or had a heart attack on the 5th.

I’d rather speculate on what a powder is by looks, in a reloading forum....

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For God's sake. What are you talking about? Are you guys allergic to plain fucking English?

If you guys want to see a pissed off admin in action, we're getting there.

Prudence, I want an answer from you. Failing to respond, you risk losing your posting rghts.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ironic, isn't it? The forum is now lighter by one member, but it isn't the member in question, while the member in question is free to post anytime he wishes here.

Don't fuck around, guys. I came into this thread and spoke the truth, and got laughed at for my efforts. If I ask for clarification it means I want clarification, and not to play footsie with some low post count smartass. This member lost his membership over nothing.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Well...it's a few days away...but close enough for horseshoes and handgranades I guess...it's the only explanation I can come up with...beware the full wolf moon (Jan 1st) Eek...I demand to be locked in a darkened room away from a keyboard Cool...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How many web admins do you know that would be as candid in their remarks about their past actions as I was in my first post in this thread? And what do I get for my efforts? I get laughed at and then have to ask for clarification several times, until the banned member shows up- not to answer my question about his rudeness and meddling- but to tell me that removing him would prove his point.

News flash for ya, babe- you had no point to make, and you threw away your membership over nothing. Had you failed to respond to me, I would have placed you on moderated status for 30 days, and given the infrequency with which you post, you may not have even noticed it. Instead, you let your pride get in your way, and come in here yammering about me proving your point, and that's why you're now gone.

Those kinds of mind games don't work with me. Never have, never will. Your new CUT verifies that.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And I just removed another low post count loudmouth. I tell ya, fellas- it's strange- I never come in here. I no longer reload and the subject really no longer interests me. It's funny, because I come in here and I see names that I don't recognize, and when I look at their posting history, just about the only place they post in in the reloading section!

I come in here and say something very honest and what do I get from some of you? Static. A hard time. Le's be crystal clear about something: This is my forum- all of it, this section included. If you don't like me and don't like the way I conduct my affairs, no one's keeping you here. You can leave, anytime.

I'll tell you this, guys- if I get any more static from any more members in this thread- even just one more- I will close the reloading section of this forum altogether.

Now, the problem is a mere handful of people, but I can guarantee you that if I keep getting shit from people who apparently think the reloading section of this forum belongs to them, I'll shut the entire reloading section down. I don't have to put up with this shit and if it keeps up, you guys will find out just how serious I am at this moment. I do not have to tolerate this, nor will I.

Seriously, I don't know who some of you guys think you are. You're here, absolutely free of charge. You are not assaulted by FLASHING BANNER ADS. We do not solicit donations from members. I expect for my directives to be followed. And for that teeeeeeny tiny vocal minority, I don't give a rat's ass what you think of me.

Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
One would think it easy to behave courteously in this forum, but some people just can't do that. Sigforum is one of the few internet forums left that is free of cost and free of all the annoyances that characterize most other firearms related sites. Why a member would foolishly throw away his membership here is a mystery to me.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your work, Parabellum, and thanks for the entire forum...I'm a reloader for over 50 years now, and I've learned a few new tricks here. I trust that those of us that frequent this portion of your forum, feel the same and will abide with the simple rules you've laid down. And BTW, the personage that's the subject of this thread is my one and only blocked individual for some of the responses he's authored.
Best Regards, Rod

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rodfac,

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
This is normally a very civilized and cordial section of the forum, where several knowledgeable members impart their years of experience for the benefit of others. I would hate to see that end.

Thank you, Para, for all you do to separate the wheat from the chaff. I know you invest a lot of time and resources for our benefit, and I, and I believe many others here, recognize and appreciate it.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
If I could add my $0.02 about the topic and person at hand...

While I have found his advice to be very helpful at times and I do have respect for his knowledge of all things reloading, I will echo others who have said, "don't miss him". I found said person to be smarmy, conceited, smug, pompous, arrogant, and full of himself. As the saying goes, "If one keeps meeting assholes all day, then maybe it's time to look in the mirror."

JMHO.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The thing is, he's done nothing that's a bannable offense in this forum, at least not in my opinion.

I think, though, the point is moot. Although he's welcome here, it's likely that he won't return.

BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
For what it's worth...he's a damn good dude and one of the most generous I know. Does not react well when pushed into a corner, but you always know where you stand with the man.

I miss his posts.

Well stated Ronin. Having been a guest in his home I can attest to his generosity. He is a genuinely nice person.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
For what it's worth...he's a damn good dude and one of the most generous I know. Does not react well when pushed into a corner, but you always know where you stand with the man.

I miss his posts.

Well stated Ronin. Having been a guest in his home I can attest to his generosity. He is a genuinely nice person.

If you speak to him TKO please encourage him to come back. Some of the best friendships I've developed on gun forums have been individuals I didn't see eye to eye with initially. I wish him well.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ibexsig
posted Hide Post
I also wish he would come back to the forum. I met him personally at one of the forum's informal shooting shindigs. I am a very introverted person and he made me feel right at home as soon as I got there.

He was also VERY generous with letting people shoot his expensive firearms. I hope he is doing well with whatever he is involved in.

Posts: 316 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
One would think it easy to behave courteously in this forum, but some people just can't do that. Sigforum is one of the few internet forums left that is free of cost and free of all the annoyances that characterize most other firearms related sites. Why a member would foolishly throw away his membership here is a mystery to me.
I guess there's no point, me making a statement.

Roustabout summed it up very nicely.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
That reminds me of the huge thread of the man being dragged off the plane, was it United? IIRC he was a doctor trying to get back home and work.

I recall that several of our professional airline pilots behaved badly in the thread, got their panties in a bunch, and have never been back.

Sometimes I just wonder why someone hasn't posted in a long time. I'm sure some just died.

Someone directed me to this thread, so I signed back in.

Exx and his wife are probably two of the nicest, most generous people I know. With their time, their home, their hospitality. I have made great friends due to their good heartedness.

The UAL thread was the point where the disgust bucket became more full than the satisfaction bucket for me personally. There were members here who represent DECADES in the aviation industry trying to explain how things work. I personally tried to convey (as much as I can considering NDAs I sign) that there was more to the story. Much more. Yet none of that mattered. It was a feeding frenzy of ignorance. The Good Dr. Dao got his payout, and things went back to the same as they were before. All the phone calls and social media bashing did nothing. That should be a clue on the truth.

Lots of good folks here...hope all is well.

Back to other things once again.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Are you kidding me?

quote:
Someone directed me to this thread, so I signed back in.
Translation- "I don't read the board anymore, not even if it looks like I do because I'm aware of current content here in which I might feel a need to speak up." Sure, OK, entropy. You only know about this thread because someone directed you to it, because of a single mention of a thread that lead you to be come so offended by the opinions of others (the "ignorant" ones, you see), that you felt the need to stop posting in the forum. Sure, OK, sure.

quote:
The UAL thread was the point where the disgust bucket became more full than the satisfaction bucket for me personally. There were members here who represent DECADES in the aviation industry trying to explain how things work. I personally tried to convey (as much as I can considering NDAs I sign) that there was more to the story. Much more. Yet none of that mattered. It was a feeding frenzy of ignorance. The Good Dr. Dao got his payout, and things went back to the same as they were before. All the phone calls and social media bashing did nothing. That should be a clue on the truth.
"That should be a clue on the truth"? What in the world are you talking about?

You were upset at the time- and apparently, still are upset- that members here did not accept your opinion of the matter over their own eyes and their personal experience with commercial air travel, simply because you're a commercial pilot. You acted then as you're acting now, which is that the opinions of people who do not make their living in the commercial airline industry mean nothing when those opinions contradict with yours. Those members who held opinions opposite of yours? Clearly, their opinions are based solely upon their own abject ignorance, and not their life experience.

You emailed me, asking me to call you, saying that if you could just speak with me, you could make everything clear for me. When you failed to get a response to this appeal, you once again emailed me, saying "C'mon. I don't bite." Uh huh. Yeah, that's why I didn't drop what I was doing and call you so that you could set me straight- because there was trepidation on my part. Sure.

Let me tell you something, entropy, since you decided to bring this crap into a thread not at all related to it- a thread that's already a mess- there is nothing that you can say to me, on the phone or via any other means, which will change the opinion I held at the time of that thread. Your attitude was and remains that since you're a pilot, all non-pilots are not worthy to hold opinions on these matters. They are, after all, merely cargo that you hall about from here to there. And, of course, my steadfastness in my position is mere obstinacy, unlike your very own steadfastness on the same matter, which is, of course, entirely different and wholly justified. It's the same, but it's different- somehow- you see. OK, sure.

After you stopped posting, I felt badly. I thought about contacting you and asking you to put it behind you. I thought I might convey to you that you were still welcome here. But now, you're going to come in here like this, with this need to tell us that you don't read the board, that you know of this thread only because you were alerted to it. After only the mere mention of that thread which caused you so much frustration that the ignorant flying public wouldn't shut their ignorant pie holes and listen to you, the only valid source on these matters, you come in here with this drama.

I guess I should thank you for your post this evening, because after reading it, I don't feel so badly about how that thread transpired. You need to let it go. It's been months, yet you're still stinging from it. That much is obvious. Members had their own opinions of the incident and this is quite frustrating for you. Well, entropy, that's just too damn bad. Truly, it's just too damn bad, and it's your problem, not ours.

I was sorry to see you stop posting and up until this evening, I would have been very glad to see you here again, but if this is what we can expect from you- a self-serving, butthurt redux- then you needn't bother.

But oh yes, I forgot- you're not really here, right? Sure, OK. Sure.

Grow up. Get past it, or tell your story walkin'.

You still retain posting rights. If, on your next post, you want to pull the stick and auger into the ground, then you go right ahead. I'll not have you popping in when you feel as if it's an opportunity to throw another pity party for yourself. You can be a member or not, but I'm not having any more of this from you, about an old thread that only you can't get past.