SIGforum
EXX1976 ?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/6840041534

December 24, 2017, 10:13 PM
OKCGene
EXX1976 ?
What happened to him? He was a prolific poster here but no posts since July 4.
December 25, 2017, 06:55 AM
jsjac
I was thinking about the same thing recently.
Have not seen him on any of the forums that he used to post on. I have not checked his forum lately.
Looked on his forum. He posted there in November.
December 25, 2017, 09:14 AM
henryaz
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

I don't miss him.

December 25, 2017, 03:47 PM
swage
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

I don't miss him.

He went off in a thread in the rifle section. Mostly directed at me an another forum member. Para corrected him and he hasn't posted since. I reached out to him via email to extend the olive branch and he never responded. He'll be back again I presume.
December 25, 2017, 04:16 PM
V-Tail
quote:
quote:
I don't miss him.
Impressed me as one of these guys, once they get an idea in their head, there's no budging them. No give and take.

"My mind is made up, don't try to use that logic shit on me."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
December 25, 2017, 05:16 PM
ScreamingCockatoo
quote:
quote:

I don't miss him.

Ditto.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
December 25, 2017, 06:57 PM
C-Dubs
If memory serves me correctly, Para rebuked him for being an a-hole in one of the threads, and hasn't been heard from since

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
December 25, 2017, 07:21 PM
OKCGene
That reminds me of the huge thread of the man being dragged off the plane, was it United? IIRC he was a doctor trying to get back home and work.

I recall that several of our professional airline pilots behaved badly in the thread, got their panties in a bunch, and have never been back.

Sometimes I just wonder why someone hasn't posted in a long time. I'm sure some just died.
December 26, 2017, 02:36 PM
rackrack
quote:
quote:

I don't miss him.

He's the only member on my ignore list.
December 26, 2017, 05:36 PM
Ronin1069
For what it's worth...he's a damn good dude and one of the most generous I know. Does not react well when pushed into a corner, but you always know where you stand with the man.

I miss his posts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
December 26, 2017, 07:00 PM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
For what it's worth...he's a damn good dude and one of the most generous I know. Does not react well when put into a corner, but you always know where you stand with the man.

I miss his posts.

He sure did give me a lot of useful info about reloading.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
December 27, 2017, 02:26 PM
GT-40DOC
quote:
Originally posted by rackrack:
quote:
quote:

I don't miss him.

He's the only member on my ignore list.

Same here!!
December 27, 2017, 04:59 PM
Anubismp
I missed the post in question but I'll say he knew his stuff and was always willing to help me when I'd shoot him an email with a question. Not questioning the moderation at all, this is my favorite spot, but i hope all is well with him.
December 27, 2017, 06:17 PM
parabellum
I feel badly that he left after I admonished him. Yes, he riled some members but it wasn't that bad or that much IMO, and he is welcome back if he wishes to visit us.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
December 27, 2017, 07:26 PM
Prudence
Bwahahaha. If you haven't noticed there are a few frequent posters that have quietly distanced themselves (on purpose) from specific forums. The ability to have passionate adult discussions is one of the things I truly miss about much of America.
December 27, 2017, 07:58 PM
parabellum
What are you talking about?
December 27, 2017, 08:31 PM
swage
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I feel badly that he left after I admonished him. Yes, he riled some members but it wasn't that bad or that much IMO, and he is welcome back if he wishes to visit us.

Para not that you of all people need defending, but you didn't come down on him that hard. He's a grown man and should be able to control himself.
December 27, 2017, 09:34 PM
parabellum
Thank you for that, but I'm curious as to what's tickled Prudence's fancy.
December 27, 2017, 11:52 PM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by Prudence:
Bwahahaha. If you haven't noticed there are a few frequent posters that have quietly distanced themselves (on purpose) from specific forums. The ability to have passionate adult discussions is one of the things I truly miss about much of America.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
December 28, 2017, 06:43 AM
parabellum
I'd like an answer, please.