SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Powder Coating brands
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powder Coating brands Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted
I want to powder coat my cast bullets.
What is the best brand of Powder Coating as far as quality and ease of application.
I would prefer to only have to apply one coat.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I use harbor freight yellow and red.Cheap and one cote and done.
You can spend twice H F price but why!
I also use a fifty dollar wal mart convection oven out in barn and their electrast sprayer from H F
You need air from a compressor and 30 psi with 20 min at 400 deg.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight red is no more.

I have a couple colors from Powder by the Pound. Super Durable Wet Black is one and RAL 5012 Ford Light Blue.

I'm faaaar from an expert, but they both worked well for me. Others less so, but I knew they were bad choices before I bought them. lol

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Eastwood.

Harbor freight powder doesn’t even compare. Someone here donated me some Ford blue and red and both immediately cling to the bullet and didn’t take 30 minutes of tumbling to get it to stick. Very good coverage, smooth finish.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post