SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Show me your reloading benches
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show me your reloading benches Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted
We hope to move into the new house w/i a few weeks and I will be confined to the garage for reloading (vise the 36 x24 building I used to have)..or maybe I can get a corner of the extra room

I will need to compact the stuff I have into a neat, organized work area.

So help me out, and snap a pic of your reloading benches and organization ideas.

I've got a Dillon 650 & two RCBS Rock Chuckers. I keep the Dillon on a Black and Decker Workmate that is mobile.

I'm thinking of getting a tool box and storing my dies and stuff in it and placing the presses on the top (mobile and storage).

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

It has improved a bit since this pic. I added small gooseneck halogen lights at each end, and got rid of that big silver light. It was good light but too much in the way. The light on the left end I can bend and direct the light directly onto the shell plate. And a few small tools (wire brushes, small ball peen hammer, etc.) are hanging down on the right, some from the end of the shelf and some on the wall. When not reloading, I use the free space for gun cleaning, battery charging, and other tasks needing just a bit of space. And I keep a RockChucker permanently mounted down on the right front corner. I keep the air pressure regulator dialed down to about 50psi, to keep from blowing stuff all over the garage. Cleaning the shell plate or a gun being cleaned does not require a lot. And the blowgun is variable pressure according to how much you squeeze the handle.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Here is mine. Completely home made, including the top. Two oak vanity cabinets scooped up off Craigs List for 25 bucks. Maybe 20 bucks in plywood and masonite.

I joined them together at the base, back and of course the top. I store all the bullets in the center. That keeps me from pulling it over! Gun powder is all on the right hand cabinet. Tools, cases, etc are on the left in the drawers. I keep my stands and tool heads on another shelf just off right, and my brass is on a large shelf to the left. Primers are at the other end of the room.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I made an L shaped bench in the corner of my mechanical room. I am really liking the Inline Fabrication flush mount. I don't need separate locations for the presses, trim lathe and swager.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Cool plate for switching the machines out.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy, just a little corner work area - everything on a single stage (I'm retired with time on my hands lol).

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post

stainless steel counter top in my garage, it just happened to be a perfect spot for this little set up, great place to store extra componets, helps when your a cabinetmaker by trade.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
GOAT!!!!

I've been searchin the internet and now I think I'm gonna put that ystem in the new bench...

I've got 2 RCBS presses, a Dillon 650, trimmer and powder throw and a vise that would all be served well with that type of changeable system....

now, if the builder would ever get done with my new house.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

XLT how do you organize the dies and stuff??

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I really like the Inline Fabrication mounts. At first I had my Dillon 550B mounted on the short leg of the L bench. Then I got the single stage on the long leg of the L. Then I had to find a place to put the Dillon swager...too much stuff, not enough room. They also make a Ultramount(similar to Dillon's strong mount), but I didn't want me press sitting up that high. Good price, fast shipping. A no-brainier in my book!

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post