SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    9mm loads ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm loads ? Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
I have been using AA#7 7.7 gr. RMR 124 GR rn bullet .500 cci. and the round has been great, but a little on the hot side. I also run it in the mp5.

I normally just shoot paper or steel dueling tree. in the local BLM forest.

I have read about WSF powders and sounds like quite a few people like them, I'm not stuck on that one powder but would like to find that perfect load without buying 10 different kinds.

It would be ideal if I also can run it in the mp5 it is just a sbr with a 10 inch barrel.

Should I just stick with the #7 or venture out? wish you could just buy sampler packs. Smile

Posts: 5573 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Long Shot

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
I'm a WSF user and don't know if I would change. The new Sport Pistol powder is becoming very popular but I have not tried it yet. I still have plenty of WSF to last for many years.

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger

Posts: 3464 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Well AA#7 is slower than WSF so going to WSF would be upping pressures if you want to stay in the same vel window. Having said that, I do like WSF in 9mm mid to max + loads.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started a thread a couple years ago asking for a powder suggestion for +P'ish or defensive pressure loads. I took fredj338's advice and tried WSF. As he stated above works great mid to max loads. I'm up against 1200fps in a G19/Precision Delta 124 JHP, same load shoots great in my MP5. My MP5 runs like a top with warmer loads. Also shoot a slower "gamer" load in my STI 2011 at 1050fps for comps, very accurate. Shot several thousands rounds of WSF, works great for me.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I am shooting 147 gr cast over 3.4 gr of VV 320, at OAL of 1.130. Shoots 900 fps, feels soft, cycles reliably in my Sigs ( all of em ), pretty clean.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
3.9gr WSF under a 147gr Precision Delta FMJRN bullet gives me 903fps (133 PF). COL is 1.150". WSP primers. I have shot this load for years in several pistols, including a Colt Govt. 9mm, P226, P228, P320, and P938 (velocity is a bit lower in the 938). Though I've never used suppressors, this would be a good load for a suppressed gun as it is subsonic.

Posts: 10770 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post