SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Dillon roller handle vs ball
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon roller handle vs ball Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Is the roller more comfortable? Mine has the ball handle. I've always wondered if the handle made much difference.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
yes the roller is the only way to go, I thought it was a gimmick at first but would never go back.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roller every time. Without question. You’re gonna be pulling that handle a lot. Make it comfortable.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
More confortable for sure.
I made my own like many pieces of the loading equipment or modified over the years

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I've tried all three (the stock plastic with ridges, the ball, and the roller), and agree 100% with the other comments, the blue roller is best by far, for me.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
Roller every time. Without question. You’re gonna be pulling that handle a lot. Make it comfortable.
Andrew

Yep.
I couldn't wait to get rid of the ball. It really does make a difference.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Roller!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roller handle here also. Now, what I really want to know, is the Inline Fabrication roller handle any better than the Dillon?

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
My wife got me the roller as a Christmas present ! Love it , and hand is less sore on those long loading sessions

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
Roller handle here also. Now, what I really want to know, is the Inline Fabrication roller handle any better than the Dillon?

Looks like it's mostly for standing with the strong mount but I have no personal experience with it.

I have mine at bench level and use it seated.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
I tired the roller and a “strong mount” on a 650. I got rid of both. All my presses are ball except my 1050’s they are either motor driven or roller because there is no ball for them.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been quite pleased with the ball on my 650. I considered the roller handle, but I sit while loading, and the ball works just great for me. YMMV

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Everyone is diff. I prefer the roller, alum or plastic. A few guys I know like the ball handle.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I have been quite pleased with the ball on my 650. I considered the roller handle, but I sit while loading, and the ball works just great for me. YMMV

Same here. I looked at the roller since it is so popular, but I also sit while loading (no strong mount), and it just looks like it would be somewhat cumbersome for that.

Besides, I was use to the ball on my RCBS progressive that I used for 20 years before getting the 650. No sore hand issues at all for me.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The roller was a GREAT upgrade. Do it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
The roller is nice! Aluminum over plastic is preferred. If you put an old sock (hiker quality) over the ball handle it will reduce the friction generated to your hand. Get the roller, it does make long sessions more endurable.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’m looking to get the roller. I get a hot spot on my hand after about 500rds using the ball handle.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I don't have a Dillon...I have a Lee Classic Turret and a Hornady LNL. The LCT has the ball, and I have an Inline Fabrication roller handle on the LNL. I've been known to churn out batches of 500-1000 rounds in one sitting with both presses...enough that I've mildly bruised my palm with the ball handle of the LCT. The roller handle is worlds better...definitely worth the upgrade if you reload in any kind of volume.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I put the roller on my 550, and it works well,
also use the strong mount

I made a strong mount for my Forster Co Ax, and adapted the dillon ball to the handle,
mad it just a bit longer and the ball is better than the vintage rod on the Co Ax

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever used one of these handles to convert the ball handle.
 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0...2Fitm%2F253311129659 

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post