SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Dillon roller handle vs ball
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon roller handle vs ball Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have the plastic roller and strong mount and love it. The aluminum came out after I got mine.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
Has anyone ever used one of these handles to convert the ball handle.

Already owning the aluminum handle, which spins, I wouldn't add this as I don't see the advantage ball bearings would give you over the spinning aluminum. If I didn't already have the aluminum roller, I would consider it, as it is cheaper than the complete aluminum handle from Dillon.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VonFatman
posted Hide Post
mark me down as a solid yes on the roller handle.

peanut71,
that is a cool looking roller handle upgrade. i am gonna bookmark it and put it on my wife's "what vonfatman want's for Christmas list" ;-)

it's kind of like dillon's primer tube reloaders. it'd be nice, but something i probably would not buy for myself...hence, the list.

bob

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Hard yes on the roller!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know you were waiting on my reply before making your purchase...Roller all the way... Big Grin

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Dillon's Aluminum Roller Handle. Worth the price and only way to roll IMO.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I received an InLine Fabrication ergonomic roller handle for the 650 and it is awesome. If you stand to reload, the handle doesn’t go down so far. It goes back over the bench more of course when seating the primer but it’s better for me this way.

~42” high bench with the InLine Fabrication raised mount.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dillon roller handle vs ball

It's a personal thing, you gotta decide what works for you, not what works for me.

I went back to the ball handle on the 650. No roller handle. The plain black ball works best for me.
It doesn't matter to me what works best for the rest of you, but I hope you find whatever does work best.

Also, I've had the strong mount for years but I'm thinking of removing that also.
I need to modify the bench first, that's one of the hidden flaws of the 650.
If your bench top is more than a couple inches thick, the nut and shaft of the
operating handle hit the benchtop so you don't get a full stroke.
Thus, the strong mount. It raises the unit up high enough to clear the benchtop.
For my own personal use, cutting a notch in the bench and mounting the press lower
is the better setup for me (along with the black ball handle).

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the ball on my RCBS and thought that I was used to it so I will save the money and stick with the ball on my new 650. First ammo can of 45 I cranked out, I ended up picking up a roller handle and was just as happy with it as I was after spending 20 plus years on a single stage press switching over to a Dillon. Your hands will thank you, especially as you get older

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep the stock ball on my SD. Works better with the Inline modular system since I keep a SD in each primer size.

Posts: 184 | Location: Pennsylvania, PA | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post