SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Automated brass sorter by weight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Automated brass sorter by weight Login/Join 
Picture of jmorris
posted
I haven’t had much time to play with this, built the electronics part, did the programming and threw together the mechanical parts months ago.

It’s still a long way from being a finished product but it’s also one of those projects that can get lost do to “life getting in the way” if I don’t see some sort of progress.

The idea is to begin the sort by a 10 grain differential with those dropping into one of 10 bins, then take all from a single bin and change the resolution to 1 grain differential, then take all from a single bin and change to .1 grain resolution.

So in the end you can have brass sorted to the tenth of a grain without having to touch a single case.

Proof of concept and hopefully enough inspiration to finish it out when it cools off outside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...lO4&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Sign me up! Until then its child labor.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Bench rest shooters would like it.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
From a machine/gadget standpoint I think it's tremendously cool.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post