SIGforum
Loading for P220 and P226

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/6330042764

March 05, 2020, 04:48 PM
dcaven
Loading for P220 and P226
I'm going to be loading up some cartridges for both these weapons. I have a single stage press I use for precision rifle rounds but have never loaded pistol. What are your thoughts on the Dillon 750 series or other? I am loading 2,000 rounds per pistol and think there may be some benefit to using a multiple stage press. Thanks.
March 05, 2020, 06:25 PM
David Lee
Use your single stage to work up the kind of loads you want to shoot. 9 or 45, load up maybe 10 rounds of various powder charges to find the best working, shooting and accuracy per caliber, in your pistols. Once you've established a good load take it to the progressive press as loading big lots on a single stage is very time consuming. The Dillon is well taught in its manual. Its a good press with a life time warranty. Work carefully at setting it up on your bench, every move. Do it right 1 time. You will be very proud to have that machine and you'll always have pleanty of high quality ammo on hand at a big savings. Get the 750. Get the cartridge case gages also for both calibers.
March 05, 2020, 06:27 PM
David Lee
Move to Reloading Forum please.
March 06, 2020, 06:23 AM
dcaven
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Use your single stage to work up the kind of loads you want to shoot. 9 or 45, load up maybe 10 rounds of various powder charges to find the best working, shooting and accuracy per caliber, in your pistols. Once you've established a good load take it to the progressive press as loading big lots on a single stage is very time consuming. The Dillon is well taught in its manual. Its a good press with a life time warranty. Work carefully at setting it up on your bench, every move. Do it right 1 time. You will be very proud to have that machine and you'll always have pleanty of high quality ammo on hand at a big savings. Get the 750. Get the cartridge case gages also for both calibers.

Thank you.
March 06, 2020, 08:08 AM
henryaz
quote:
Originally posted by dcaven:
What are your thoughts on the Dillon 750 series or other?

Definitely get the automatic case feeder, and the powder check die for the extra station on the tool head. If money permits, I found it much easier to switch primer sizes by buying the complete primer system (for whichever one didn't come with the press). Just two screws to switch from small to large or large to small.

When in doubt, mumble