SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What height is your reloading bench?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What height is your reloading bench? Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Well, I wasn't able to talk my wife out of the room I wanted, so now I'm still stuck using half of my office as my reloading area. Therefore, it didn't make much sense to do a built-in bench. I ended up buying a Harbor Freight bench. It had been recommended by some other reloaders.

It's 34", so if I want to stand I'll need to raise it up or use a press mount. I'll see after I get it all set up.

[i]

Posts: 4651 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
My bench is 36.5" talll and I have the press on an 8" stand. Most of the time I sit on a hi bar stool but am starting to stand more. As noted earlier, the handle hits my leg on the pull.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Posts: 4318 | Location: N-E Ohio | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All 4 of mine are 36" high and I use them with 24" kitchen stools, or standing up. For the latter, another 2" would be better...BTW, I'm 6'-0" tall, with a 33" inseam, both of which affect the comfortability of the working bench. HTH's Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights through and by the sacrifice of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 451 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sit an an old computer desk in an office chair. I'm at the age that I much prefer to be comfortable. I load for accuracy with a single stage Forster press for all rifle and even pistol rounds, so it takes more time and I prefer to sit and take my time. Reloading for me is relaxing and standing it would be more of a chore. I also sit for reloading shotgun shells.

Posts: 279 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
My loading / cleaning bench is made from "Cabinet" pieces from Home Depot. Ask if they have any "Scratch and dent" pieces. I got a "sink" section and two 16" sections. I then got an 8' section of cabinet top to tie it all together. I left a section near the end where I can pull up a bar stool to clean/work on guns.

This is an old picture.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 21414 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I reload standing
The bench top is at 44 inches
The press is mounted to the bench top (no mounts)

RC

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
reload standing, standard table height

guessing 36" (will need to measure to be sure)

strong mount on the dillon 550, home made strong mount on the CoAx,

my SQB is mounted with out a strong mount, so i sit on a stool to use it,

need to make a mount for it

www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Posts: 5520 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Just finished building mine this week. To the top I have 43.5". It works well from either my stool or standing. I added the strong mount to avoid the handle dropping to far while sitting on my stool. Overall I'm pleased although I'll need a ladder to access the case feeder if I ever get one.

Posts: 531 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
My bench is 34 inches high which is perfect for me.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1396 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post