SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Bye bye Dillon.....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bye bye Dillon..... Login/Join 
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
I just drooped $370 on a Hornady LNL that I really didn't need. I won't even think of a Mark 7. The powder measure will not drop bulky powder so I switched to my old RCBS measure.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It's a good looking machine by golly. I like its' short ram stroke. 1200 per hour may be what it's capable of but you may be hard pressed to achieve that. By hand, think carpal tunnle. Motorized, it may run perfect.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Updates?? Cool

I see Midway is selling the MK7 autodrive stuff.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
Updates?? Cool

I see Midway is selling the MK7 autodrive stuff.

I've have not been reloading much, we are in the middle of a home remodel and what a nightmare!!!

So I'm hoping to get my reloading space back soon to put some real time on this machine. I will keep you guys updated.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Update!

I've made about 4500 rounds so far and the machine is running great.

Although Mark7 has replaced the case feeder, I'll still occasionally get a jam.

The core machine is simply awesome!!!!

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
As a gadget guy, this intrigues me more and more. Although I don't shoot nearly enough to probably even justify my 650 with case feed, the gadget side of me wants a 1050 or an auto drive now. Costs are relative, the full newbie setup to get my 650 running and all the doodads that help or are needed, like a tumbler, was expensive and hard to swallow. Setup and running smooth making the ammo I want makes it much easier to stomach. The cost of a 1050 or MK 7 are high, but probably worth it.

Glad it's working well for you.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Any new updates?

I loaded about 1,200 rounds on my 650 this past Saturday and has got me interested in a RL1050 or MK7. Just because.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
The main machine looks nice but the case feeder looks cheap. and last I checked the price went up to 3995 ??

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
my cousin bought one. Last weekend I took a bunch of components over to reload a 1000 rounds of 223. He had set it up prior to me getting there. We decided on H335. Starting out he was having trouble getting it to throw a consistant powder charge. sometimes off by half a grain.

then he drive belt snapped. then he was having trouble getting the primers to seat. We finally get frustrated and quit without making one round.

He was not happy having bought it for 3K and it not working at all.

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Well... Finished up the house remodel in November and I haven't really had the chance to reload at all. I actually had to move the machine. More bad news..... I ruptured my left lower bicep tendon and I go into surgery soon. So, I won't be reloading anything for at least 3 more months.

Sorry guys...

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click