SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Bye bye Dillon.....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bye bye Dillon..... Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted
I was well served by my 650, 8 plus years of use and I can't even count how many rounds. I have nothing but good things to say about Dillon. But I have gone from blue to black....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: piedrarc,

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please let us know how it compares once you get some rounds through it.Is it all Hornady?

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
Please let us know how it compares once you get some rounds through it.Is it all Hornady?

Those be Lee dies.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:

I sure will! None of it is Hornady. Mark7, currently has Lee dies but soon to be replaced with Redding.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I guess I must've been out of the loop, as I hadn't heard of Mark 7.

I can certainly understand the question asking if it were all Hornady. That was the first thing that came to my mind as well, as it highly resembles their "Ammo Plant", except that it's not red, and includes pins which look to be for proper alignment when the the handle is pulled.

A wee bit out of my price range, but looks like it will certainly put out good gun food.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice setup, congratulations.

I have been contemplating getting a Mark7. Did you get the automatic primer feeding system?

As others have echoed, I would like to know your thoughts on the Mark7 after you have completed some rounds.

Posts: 88 | Location: Crawfordville | Registered: October 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pinbot1966:
Nice setup, congratulations.

I have been contemplating getting a Mark7. Did you get the automatic primer feeding system?

As others have echoed, I would like to know your thoughts on the Mark7 after you have completed some rounds.

Thanks.

The automatic primer is not available yet on my machine, but as soon as it's released I'll get one. The price tag is steep for the auto primer at almost 1000 bucks.

I will go fully automated in about 2 years, but I would like to understand every aspect of the machine prior to going full auto.

Quality of this machine is by far the most impressive I've ever seen or had my hands on. Every part is CNC'd minus the pole that holds the case feeder.

I was alway skeptical of a bullet feeder, but it's running like a top (so far, ships with a Mr. bullet feeder). The videos and instructions Mark7 puts out to the owners are extremely well done.
I'll set the powder measure hopefully this weekend and produce my first 50-100 rounds. Everything else has been tweaked and ready to go, the 10 die stations adds a lot of versatility. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated. I'm extremely impressed at this point.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
The Mark 7 is just a 1050 with a servo drive right?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
The Mark 7 is just a 1050 with a servo drive right?

No, Mark 7 has auto drives for the 1050 and 650, but their own line of loading presses set them apart in my opinion. I don't think Dillon had competition in the progressive press arena till now. Which is a good thing cause it will force some innovative competition.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

posted Hide Post
They'll have to really have stellar - no questions - warranty and customer service to surpass Dillon. It always amazes me that I can mess something up or lose a part - and they send a replacement free of charge.

I'd be hard pressed to leave Dillion.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I had to Google it, too:

https://www.markvii-loading.com/

I threw up in my mouth when I saw the price. Dillon for me, until I win the lottery.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Looks like all they did was reverse engineer a Dillon and add stations.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Looks like all they did was reverse engineer a Dillon and add stations.

You could say that about any progressive press. Have you actually seen a Mark7 press or used one?

quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I had to Google it, too:

I threw up in my mouth when I saw the price. Dillon for me, until I win the lottery.

Dillon 1050 with a bullet feeder - $2,281.90
Mark 7 bullet feeder included - $2,499.95 which is what you see in my photos.

That made you throw up?
We aren't talking full automation here......

Look, I'm not saying for anyone to go throw away their Dillon. This is a new kid on the block, with some features I like... thats it.

Competition is good in more ways than one.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:

quote:
I had to Google it, too:

Dillon 1050 with a bullet feeder - $2,281.90
Mark 7 bullet feeder included - $2,499.95 which is what you see in my photos.

That made you throw up?
We aren't talking full automation here......

Look, I'm not saying for anyone to go throw away their Dillon. This is a new kid on the block, with some features I like... thats it.

Competition is good in more ways than one.

Since my 550 package was ~$600, yes. I puked all over the place. Good thing I had a Hawaiian shirt on.

I’m not saying it’s not good quality, just more than I’d be willing to spend at this point.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:

Since my 550 package was ~$600, yes. I puked all over the place. Good thing I had a Hawaiian shirt on.

I’m not saying it’s not good quality, just more than I’d be willing to spend at this point.

Understandable, it's a big investment. Hoping to get the same satisfaction that my 650 gave me with a higher round per hour.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

posted Hide Post
quote:

Reviewing this post in hindsight, I apologize if I was offensive or offended you with the Hornady question.

I hadn't heard of this company or its product and after reviewing them, this seems to be some impressive and solid stuff!

I could have counted the stat Eek ions too...

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Reviewing this post in hindsight, I apologize if I was offensive or offended you with the Hornady question.

I hadn't heard of this company or its product and after reviewing them, this seems to be some impressive and solid stuff!

I could have counted the stat Eek ions too...

Oh not at all. I didn’t take it that way. Plus I hadn’t seen this particular brand posted here, so I thought I could give some insight to them since I actually own one now.

All good man.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Very cool. May I ask how much you shoot that you decided to upgrade?

I’ve got a Dillon 650 just and I can turn out some ammo. However, I’m only shooting around 800rds a month, at the high end. I only load once or twice a month and gets me through easy.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
I’m shooting about a minimum of 1000 rounds of 9mm a month.

If I’m consistently hitting matches that number can easily double.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Nice buy Smile

I know the founders of Mark VII and will say that the reality of the machine should blow your expectations and hopes for it away.

They are both great guys and are incredibly intelligent and fascinating people.

Have fun with it!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post