SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    BAJOU 147gr -light idpa load
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BAJOU 147gr -light idpa load Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted
I just bought some Bajou 147gr, 9mm bullets,
Now I'm looking for some "IDPA" loads.
I have been using WSF with Montana Gold 147 gr loads up to now. I have used Tite Group, but its not my first choice.

Any different powders I should try with my new bullets?
Any body have a load with the WSF that works for them?

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm loading my Bayou 147's to 3.6 grains of WST. Plenty accurate and soft shooting.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm loading my Bayou 147's to 3.6 grains of WST. Plenty accurate and soft shooting.

That is also my idpa load, but with my own cast/coated. With WSF, 3.8-3.9gr will be about the same.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I am using FMJ bullets for the 147, and 3.9gr of WSF makes about 900 fps and 132 power factor. Same result in a full-sized P320 or a Govt. model 9mm 1911. I have never used coated bullets, so do not know if they might take a slightly different amount of powder.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
I use Titegroup, 3.2gr under a BBI 147gr.

Made 133PF out of a 9mm 1911 on a 67 degree day.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
I use Titegroup, 3.2gr under a BBI 147gr.

Same here, 3.2gn TG is fairly soft shooting and accurate.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I load 147 gr SNS casting bullets over 3.4 gr of VV N320, at 1.134 OAL. Clean, soft, consistent for idpa or uspsa. Makes 130 PF out of my P320

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the 147 Bayou as well. Best IDPA bullet I've found.Currently using 4.0 gr.CFE pistol. OAL as long as I can make it.
As for Titegroup. I have never had any good results using it with lead or coated bullets. It just burns too hot. And it smells like chicken feathers burning in a rubber boot when used with coated bullets.

Posts: 167 | Location: Central Florida-Behind the orange safety cones | Registered: July 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
N310
N320
Titegroup

Would be my choice, in that order.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post