SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    BAJOU 147gr -light idpa load
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BAJOU 147gr -light idpa load Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted
I just bought some Bajou 147gr, 9mm bullets,
Now I'm looking for some "IDPA" loads.
I have been using WSF with Montana Gold 147 gr loads up to now. I have used Tite Group, but its not my first choice.

Any different powders I should try with my new bullets?
Any body have a load with the WSF that works for them?

Posts: 2563 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm loading my Bayou 147's to 3.6 grains of WST. Plenty accurate and soft shooting.

Posts: 1550 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm loading my Bayou 147's to 3.6 grains of WST. Plenty accurate and soft shooting.

That is also my idpa load, but with my own cast/coated. With WSF, 3.8-3.9gr will be about the same.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7602 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I am using FMJ bullets for the 147, and 3.9gr of WSF makes about 900 fps and 132 power factor. Same result in a full-sized P320 or a Govt. model 9mm 1911. I have never used coated bullets, so do not know if they might take a slightly different amount of powder.

Posts: 6402 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
I use Titegroup, 3.2gr under a BBI 147gr.

Made 133PF out of a 9mm 1911 on a 67 degree day.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
I use Titegroup, 3.2gr under a BBI 147gr.

Same here, 3.2gn TG is fairly soft shooting and accurate.

Posts: 621 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I load 147 gr SNS casting bullets over 3.4 gr of VV N320, at 1.134 OAL. Clean, soft, consistent for idpa or uspsa. Makes 130 PF out of my P320

Posts: 246 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the 147 Bayou as well. Best IDPA bullet I've found.Currently using 4.0 gr.CFE pistol. OAL as long as I can make it.
As for Titegroup. I have never had any good results using it with lead or coated bullets. It just burns too hot. And it smells like chicken feathers burning in a rubber boot when used with coated bullets.

Posts: 143 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: July 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
N310
N320
Titegroup

Would be my choice, in that order.

Posts: 390 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post