SIGforum
Easy Brass Polishing!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/6170073024

March 02, 2017, 08:02 PM
Josh Smith
Easy Brass Polishing!
Hello,

I was playing with different methods of shining brass.

Wet tumbling, I used 2 cups water and added one tablespoon lime juice.

This is the result:

I hope this helps someone!

Regards,

Josh

March 02, 2017, 08:36 PM
MikeinNC
Oh MY!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
March 03, 2017, 07:07 AM
45 Cal
lot of extra steps,hope they don't gall the bullets in the loading process
March 03, 2017, 07:58 AM
exx1976
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
lot of extra steps,hope they don't gall the bullets in the loading process

This is why I don't wet tumble pistol brass...

And I'm honestly starting to wonder if it's worth the headache for rifle brass, too. Too many extra steps and time, and corn cob is cheap enough..
March 03, 2017, 03:06 PM
TRshootem
I'm in the meh column on wet tumbling. That dirty ass water has to go somewhere...drying is for laundry Big Grin

Keeping your corncob media clean is easy, that lizard junk walnut not so much. Stopped using that stuff a few years ago.
March 03, 2017, 07:36 PM
PCWyoming
Looks nice Josh.

PC
March 05, 2017, 08:54 AM
Tango Sierra
TRshootem:

I agree about the dirty water and drying. I also agree about the lizard walnut crap, but I use walnut media from Harbor Freight which is much cleaner to start with and it stays clean a long time when used with used dryer sheets. It's a lot less expensive and becomes cheaper yet if you split the box with someone else.

I use the walnut to clean the brass and then run the brass through a second tumbler using corn cob media for polishing. I get the corn cob media from an industrial supply house which is cheaper, cleaner and does a better job than the stuff from the pet store. I don't need dryer sheets with the corn cob since the brass was already cleaned with the walnut.