SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Anybody use a STM Rebel 17?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody use a STM Rebel 17? Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted
I do and it does work pretty well BUT:

The pulley seems to wobble a bunch.
It is hard plastic but I don't think it seats all that well.

I measured the shaft runout and it is not a factor, in fact it is extremely stable.

I wonder if I can get a metal one (none on STM site) or have a way to secure it better and reduce the wobble.

Anyone else notice this?

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Rebel 17 and had some issues with mine breaking belts....I contacted STM and they provided me replacement belts and told me I was over loading my unit....You might want to contact STM and explain the problem. They were very very nice when I contacted them and provided the replacement belts at no charge...Just a thought...Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
schulz...I have two and have never had a problem with either one. Both run really smoothly. Hope you can get that issue resolved...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Update: I pushed the pulley in as far as it would go up against a locking snap ring.
That made a small gap on the other side of the pulley and that retaining snap ring.
I put a thin washer in between and lucky enough it was a good fit.
Now since the pulley is on tighter and straighter (I assume) it seems to be running with less wobble.
It still has some but I believe it is because the pulley is hard plastic and not metal.
Better now anyway.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
I have a Rebel 17 and had some issues with mine breaking belts....I contacted STM and they provided me replacement belts and told me I was over loading my unit....You might want to contact STM and explain the problem. They were very very nice when I contacted them and provided the replacement belts at no charge...Just a thought...Mark

Thanks, you know I did try to call them but nobody was home, it was late Friday.
Actually the reason for the thread was that I broke my belt.
I already ordered a couple more but now I have to wait for the belt to get it back up and running. Frown
Hopefully, I won't have anymore problems.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Got the new belt in and it now is running pretty smooth.
Combo of pushing the wheel in tight and the new more pliable belt.
Running good now. Smile

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
What did the STM Rebel 17 say to Boy George??

I'll tumble for ya...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post