SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Yuuuuge Improvement to Dillon Press!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yuuuuge Improvement to Dillon Press! Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
My 81-year-old eyeballs need good light in order to see what I'm doing.

I ordered this for my Dillon 550B: KMS Squared UFO 550 Reloading Press light for Dillon 450 or 550.

It is fantastic! Plenty of light.

It took longer to read and understand the instructions, than it did to actually install it. Very simple.

They have a similar model for the 650.

Here's the manufacturer's website: http://kmssquared.com/ufo550.html

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have the inline fabrication skylight for mt LNL, which appears similar to what you have here. I agree...it's an amazing improvement to any press! Better visibility leads to easier operation, better QC, and as a result enhanced safety. Its an awesome product.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I looked at the Inline Fabrication unit too. It attaches to the toolhead, meaning some screwing around if I want to remove the toolhead for any reason, like changing calibers or whatever.

The KMS Squared light attaches to the frame of the press and does not interfere with toolhead removal.

Might be different for the Hornady press, but that's the way it is for a Dillon.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Yeah, I looked at the Inline Fabrication unit too. It attaches to the toolhead, meaning some screwing around if I want to remove the toolhead for any reason, like changing calibers or whatever.

The KMS Squared light attaches to the frame of the press and does not interfere with toolhead removal.

Might be different for the Hornady press, but that's the way it is for a Dillon.

Yeah, the beauty of the LNL is no toolhead, just bushings, so the light stays in place when you change dies. The setup you have there looks perfect for the Dillon, though...definitely a better solution than pulling it off every time you change out the toolhead.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I don't need no stinken light to use my 550,done used it so long its mussel memory Wink

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
I don't need no stinken light to use my 550,done used it so long its mussel memory Wink
That's the difference between you and me. You are a professional, I am a rank amateur. I'm pretty new at this and I have to think about everything I do, and check it carefully. I have not been doing it long enough to make it a habit, so I need to watch things carefully, while you could probably do it in your sleep.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
Top quality lights and bright for sure.

FWIW I think they have them for sewing machines too.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You are correct. They make these LED light assemblies for several brands of loading presses, and for sewing machines, too.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Got a 650, try to convince hubby we need one. Big Grin

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered one for my 650 based on v-tail saying it was YUUUUGE! - got it installed it is it fantastic! Highly recommended.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Ordered.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you V-Tail for finding and testing this light. Got mine installed today (easy peasy) and WOW, fantastic product. I usually don't post reviews for stuff I buy on Amazon but this one will get 5 stars from me. I would recommend checking out their videos on their support site too. Click on the one titled "UFO Tips and Tricks or 15 things you didn't know the purpose of".
Again, great product and company.

Posts: 50 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAB:
I would recommend checking out their videos on their support site too. Click on the one titled "UFO Tips and Tricks or 15 things you didn't know the purpose of".
Pet peeve of mine. Videos aggravate me, big time. I am hearing impaired, the sound track on videos generally sounds to me like a bunch of random noise, I'm unable to distinguish words most of the time.

It has gotten to the point where I don't even attempt to watch (listen to) a video.

If a vendor has something to say to me, for Pete's sake, give me a text file that I can read.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Just ordered one for my 650.....Thanks V-Tail...Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Martin-who-works-with-me, and who is one of my mentors in firearm related stuff, had attached a small light to my press. A single AAA powered light with a small LED at the end of a flexible neck. It was better than nothing, but it was never pointed where I needed it.

I saw this product and figured that for thirty bucks it was worth a try. Holy Lumens, Batman! I need eclipse-viewing goggles, and sunscreen protection on my hands! Bright, lights up the whole work area of the press instead of just one spot. Easy to see everything I need. Particularly important to me, as I am new to reloading and I'm kind of paranoid about not wanting to make a potentially dangerous mistake.

This product gets the V-Tail Seal Of Approval. Right up there with Ryan Grizzle holsters, Armour belts, etc.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of KMSSquared
posted Hide Post
V-Tail,

Thank You for taking the time to post here. We really appreciate it.

If anyone has questions regarding our products, please fee free to let us know. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction and we really work very hard to maintain that.

If anyone is interested in picking up one of our kits. I have created a coupon code for members of this forum.

Go to KMS Squared Light Kits

Then add any of our light kits to the cart and use the coupon code SIGFORUMJULY at checkout and get an additional 10% off. This code is good until 7/31/2018. You will also find that our prices on our website are $1-$2 less than Amazon or eBay and ship free in most cases.

Thank You
David
KMS Squared

Posts: 8 | Registered: July 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I have the InLine Fabrication kit and it’s great.https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/dillon/products/skylighttm-led-lighting-kit-for-the-dillon-650 The more light the better.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Thanks, V-Tail and thanks KMSSquared. Ordered for Lee Classic Turret.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KMSSquared
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Thanks, V-Tail and thanks KMSSquared. Ordered for Lee Classic Turret.

You're welcome and Thank You, It will ship out tomorrow.

Posts: 8 | Registered: July 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
I have an RCBS pro2000... Do you have a light you recommend KMS? I see the universal one, but really like the wrap around you have for the dillons!

Thanks V-Tail for sharing!

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post