SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Yuuuuge Improvement to Dillon Press!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yuuuuge Improvement to Dillon Press! Login/Join 
Picture of KMSSquared
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamerx4:
I have an RCBS pro2000... Do you have a light you recommend KMS? I see the universal one, but really like the wrap around you have for the dillons!

Thanks V-Tail for sharing!

Dreamerx4,

We haven't made a light specifically for that press, but it looks very similar to the Dillon 550. You can use our sizing guide to determine if one of our existing models will fit.

UFO Sizing Guide

These will print at 1:1 which you can confirm using the scale at the top. You can then determine which is best for you. Please let us know if one will work for you. That is good information to have for future reference.

Thank You,

Posts: 8 | Registered: July 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What adhesive might be used to help re-stick some areas that aren't holding.....

I prepped as instructed with the scub pad and alcohol.

Thank for the advise.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KMSSquared
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
What adhesive might be used to help re-stick some areas that aren't holding.....

I prepped as instructed with the scub pad and alcohol.

Thank for the advise.

Andrew

Andrew,

Assuming all the oil was removed, what I would recommend is that you use a hair dryer to warm the press in the area the light is applied. Also, turn the light on to warm it up. Then press it into place. Temperature can make a world of difference in how well the adhesive sticks.

If that doesn't work for you reach out to us on our website "KMS Squared" and we will do whatever we can to get you taken care of.

Thank You

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMSSquared:
V-Tail,

Thank You for taking the time to post here. We really appreciate it.

If anyone has questions regarding our products, please fee free to let us know. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction and we really work very hard to maintain that.

If anyone is interested in picking up one of our kits. I have created a coupon code for members of this forum.

Go to KMS Squared Light Kits

Then add any of our light kits to the cart and use the coupon code SIGFORUMJULY at checkout and get an additional 10% off. This code is good until 7/31/2018. You will also find that our prices on our website are $1-$2 less than Amazon or eBay and ship free in most cases.

Thank You
David
KMS Squared

Love to get your lite-only I have an RCBS Pro5. Not sure which one would be better to modify to fit. Any suggestions for the correct model?

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KMSSquared
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTheo:
quote:
V-Tail,

If anyone has questions regarding our products, please fee free to let us know. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction and we really work very hard to maintain that.

If anyone is interested in picking up one of our kits. I have created a coupon code for members of this forum.

Then add any of our light kits to the cart and use the coupon code SIGFORUMJULY at checkout and get an additional 10% off. This code is good until 7/31/2018. You will also find that our prices on our website are $1-$2 less than Amazon or eBay and ship free in most cases.

Thank You
David
KMS Squared

Love to get your lite-only I have an RCBS Pro5. Not sure which one would be better to modify to fit. Any suggestions for the correct model?

Jim,

I don't have the measurements on that press, but you can use our sizing guide to determine if one of our lights will fit.

UFO Sizing Guide

Your two best possibilities would be one of these:

posted Hide Post
Well guys I guess pictures will tell you just how well this $30 investment works...Use the discount code also to save 10%....They also provide Fast Shipping...I received my package two days after ordering....

I do have other lighting around my press that was on when I was taking these before and after pictures...NOTE the level of bright clear light now on my shell plate compared to the before...well designed product putting the light right where it needs to be. I am very very pleased with this upgrade..

Thanks again V-Tail and KMS....Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarmsp226,

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Yeah, I looked at the Inline Fabrication unit too. It attaches to the toolhead, meaning some screwing around if I want to remove the toolhead for any reason, like changing calibers or whatever.

The KMS Squared light attaches to the frame of the press and does not interfere with toolhead removal.

Might be different for the Hornady press, but that's the way it is for a Dillon.

I have the IF one for a 650, it is a plastic printed cup that drops down into the center of the tool head. Takes literally 1 second to remove or install. I think the one you went with probably provides better light, just from looking at the design.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Got one for my birthday. Great light, Thanks for the heads up VTail

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I can't resist anything that has the official V-Tail seal of approval. Ordered one for my 550B.

ETA: I think these guys are trying to one-up Top Gun Supply. Right after I placed my order on their website I got an email stating my order was received. 3 minutes later I received an email with tracking number.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KMSSquared
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
ETA: I think these guys are trying to one-up Top Gun Supply. Right after I placed my order on their website I got an email stating my order was received. 3 minutes later I received an email with tracking number.

Thank you!

We do our best to ship everything same day. Your light should be picked up by the mail carrier within the next hour.

Please be sure to let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

posted Hide Post
David,

Can you buy the light strip assembly individually for a 650? I'm not in need of the switches and plugs.

As I had prev questioned, the adhesive gave up on one of the ends and it migrated into the path of a case headed upwards. It damaged the strip and no longer works.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Picture of KMSSquared
posted Hide Post
quote:
David,

Can you buy the light strip assembly individually for a 650? I'm not in need of the switches and plugs.

As I had prev questioned, the adhesive gave up on one of the ends and it migrated into the path of a case headed upwards. It damaged the strip and no longer works.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Andrew,

You can either buy a kit which includes the power supply and switch or buy just the UFO 650 strip.

UFO 650 Expansion Pack

UFO 650 Kit

We also sell just the power supply and switch, but that would only make sense if you already had the Expansion Pack

UFO Power Pack

Thank You,

David
KMS Squared

posted Hide Post
I'll pick up an expansion pak. Hopefully, don't make the same mistake and have the adhesive give out again.

Great product.

Andrew

Picture of KMSSquared
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll pick up an expansion pak. Hopefully, don't make the same mistake and have the adhesive give out again.

Great product.

Andrew

If you haven't already; Please watch our surface preparation video.

Surface Preparation Video

One thing I would add to the video is ensure that the press is warm. Even in A/C the metal can get cold. Turn on the UFO 650 strip and warm that up as well.

Clean and Warm will provide your best bond. It can be night and day difference.

Please feel free to reach out if you have questions.

Thank You,

David
KMS Squared

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
V-Tail,

Thank You
David
KMS Squared

I love mine for the 550 B, thanks for a great product

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is a damn good idea.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Installed mine last night on my new-to-me XL 650 and it’s awesome. Thanks for the recommendation V-Tail.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just put one on my 650 yesterday and can't believe how much that improved my reloading experience. The UFO 650 light kit is a great upgrade!

-TVz

Posts: 428 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
V tail I had a friend bring one of the 4 foot led things and mount over my lathe for Christmas
Son a bitch that thing is bright and I can actually read the mikes.
Has a four bulb foot foot fixture there now and this little thing put that to shame
I go to H- depot and get another one for mounting over my loading table.
These things are the cat ;s meow. Cheep also and right up a stingy guys alley

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post