Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25ACP Login/Join 
Picture of 9mmnut
posted
Considering one for carry. What do you guys like in 25?

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
The only .24ACP I have is a 1908 Colt.

It works but seems less useful than a .22LR.

FWIW

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
If that all you have well it beats a small rock.
Its just me and should I have to use my carry,I want to come out on top and end the fight before I get hurt.
some folk might disagree,their thoughts are ok

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a couple of 25cal autos, but never considered carrying them for protection......much better guns out there that are essentially the same size, and usually less weight, and better caliber. They would be better than nothing.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would carry nothing, than 380 and higher.

Posts: 122 | Registered: October 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Rule number one in a gunfight is bring a gun.
I guess if it's between carrying a .25 or carrying nothing at all I'd choose the .25. Otherwise there are better suited guns and calibers for the job.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
Rule number one in a gunfight is bring a gun.
I guess if it's between carrying a .25 or carrying nothing at all I'd choose the .25. Otherwise there are better suited guns and calibers for the job.

I carried a Beretta 950BS for years,

sold it off when I picked up a Seecamp LWS 32,

the Beretta was a great pistol, accurate at the distances it would have been used and easy to shoot,
never had an issue with it

ditto the Seecamp that replaced it,

I do have a Baby Browning, and a Bauer Clone, but have not shot either,,, (will not shoot the Browning, it is NIB, the Bauer will get some eventual range time, ditto the 2 Colt (astra cubs) Auto's I have

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of small 380s out there that are a much better choice.

As far as loading the 25acp, the difference between minimum charge and maximum is within the powder drop tolerances, so you'll be weighing each charge. Doesn't seem worth it for such a minimally effective cartridge.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine used to reload .25ACP years ago, for a pistol he picked up by chance. A Lignose, IIRC. He said it took a couple days for his fingers to heal after getting pinched in his RCBS Junior.

I reloaded for .32ACP, still have the dies. The funny thing is that, using powder charges from my Speer manual, my reloads would bounce off the 2x8 I kept in the barn as a backstop! Eek

I wouldn't bother reloading .25ACP for self-protection. Just buy a few boxes of Fiocchi or S&B FMJs, and practice shooting at the eye socket.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have e a Colt. If I shoot gold dots, it is one at a time. I have some old Winchester that has a b. B. in the hollow point that is reliable. Only thing that I found completely reliable is ball ammo. Whatever you decide on, shoot a lot of and make sure it is reliable. That brings me to my other point,. 25 ACP ammo is expensive.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They might be fun to play with but as for carrying one/? I wouldn't think of it unless for BUG.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post