SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Dillon Super Swage review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon Super Swage review Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Nice video. To mod the Dillon Super Swage for auto eject...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C34sRku4ASY

This mod is even better....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHGOSrjbssw

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My FIL has one for 223. He loves it.

I wish I had one when I got that 5 gallon bucket of 5.56..(sighs)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice review.

I love my Dillon super swage I used it for 9mm, 40 s&w, and 5.56 I have not found any 45 acp brass yet but I have the swage for it.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention in there that you'll run into 308 brass that is crimped as well (well, 7.62x51), lake city is a big maker. Their m118lr ammo is fairly prized by some shooters.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the video.
Its surprising how many reloaders are unaware of the Super Swage.
I have Super Swage and would never go back to another method of crimp removal.

In addition to the disadvantages of using a chamfer tool (powered or handheld) that you mention in the video, it is very hard to be consistent using a handheld tool.
Its OK if you are just doing a few of them but I find its easy to lose my concentration when I'm processing a large amount of brass.
A moments inattention and I've gone too deep or gone in at an angle and removed more material than I wanted to.
Not only that, by the time you hit about 200 rounds, your hand is starting to cramp and your wrist starts aching from holding the cartridge tight against the spinning drill.

I find the Super Swage is fast and consistent. As mentioned in the video, it really requires very little effort to operate.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Top of page.

Posts: 5754 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post