SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Nolser RDF any luck with them? 6.5 Creedmoor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nolser RDF any luck with them? 6.5 Creedmoor Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted
I've been working up some loads using Nosler 140 grain CC HPBT and some SMK's in 140. Using H4350, I have a couple of loads measuring .610" across a 5 shot group and one measuring .522" @100 yards. I'm fairly satisfied with all the loads so far and will start moving out past 100 to see how they run.

I've been doing some reading on the RDF's from Nosler. Reviews are either ya or big na. I asked this question on another forum and was told the early bullets sucked, but they have since figured it out.

What are your experiences with these? I'm looking for some positives to see if anyone has ran them out past 100 and had better or worse results. I'd like to give them a shot possibly.

Thanks in advance.
BTW, barrel is a factory Bergara 22" 1-8" twist from an HMR.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rockchalk (Jayhawk???)

I won't be much help with the 140gr RDF at the moment, about finished with my supply of 140gr ELD-M's and then will ladder test the RDF's.

However, I have switched from Sierra 155gr Palma's in my 308 to 175gr RDF's and absolutely love em. I only shoot at 100 yards to sight in and then go out to distance, 1000 yards so far with this bullet. My particular load is producing ES of 7 and SD of 3. I'm looking forward to trying the 140gr RDF.

Posts: 85 | Location: So. Kentucky | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ffej backwards:
Rockchalk (Jayhawk???)

I won't be much help with the 140gr RDF at the moment, about finished with my supply of 140gr ELD-M's and then will ladder test the RDF's.

However, I have switched from Sierra 155gr Palma's in my 308 to 175gr RDF's and absolutely love em. I only shoot at 100 yards to sight in and then go out to distance, 1000 yards so far with this bullet. My particular load is producing ES of 7 and SD of 3. I'm looking forward to trying the 140gr RDF.

Yes sir!

I haven't thought about them in my 308 yet. That may be a possibility too. Ive moved from 168 to 175 for all 308 stuff.

I'll definitely be interested in your results with the RDF's. That sucker is a sleek bullet!

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post