SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Dillon 1050 or wait for the 1100?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon 1050 or wait for the 1100? Login/Join 
posted
I’m looking to get one of these this year and trying to decide if the new one will really be better.

I will primarily load 40 S&W on it with maybe some .223. It will eventually get an AmmoBot auto drive. No, I don’t shoot enough yet to really need the 1050 over my 650. However, I want one so I’m going to buy one. Hahaha.

Thanks!

Looking for an Alaskan Malamute? Look here: http://www.moonsongmals.org
Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !

Posts: 7351 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Best reason to buy one!

Since you already have a 650, I’d just wait a bit longer for that 1100.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 14842 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Since you already have a 650, I’d just wait a bit longer for that 1100.

By which time I might even be ready for a progressive reloader and be interested in taking that 650 off your hands Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
The dominant media is no more "mainstream" than leftists are liberals.

Posts: 15939 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I started with a 650 bought a 1050 last Christmas to load 223 with, the 1050 is at another level but the 650 is a bit more forgiving when there is a hiccup plus the lifetime warranty is a huge plus. from my understanding the 1100 has only a hand full of upgrades.

Posts: 4928 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see any real advantage to the 1100 to make a wait worth while, unless you plan to make it an automated ammo factory.
If you want to be the first "on your block," then wait.

Posts: 155 | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post