SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Looking for a new coated 9mm bullet, what’s your favorite?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a new coated 9mm bullet, what’s your favorite? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’m happy with the sample Bayou 135s I bought so I got a bunch more. At this rate, it will get me through summer and then I’ll try the Blues.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Im looking to try another brand of coated 9mm bullets. Partially just because I need some more and partly to see if any others are better. I’m using Summer Enterprise 145gr HiTeck RN and I like them but I have to seat a little deeper for my CZ and they seem kind of messy when loading. Not shaving in the seating but flakey.

Anyway, since I’m low on bullets I want to try some others with a different shape and maybe try some 135gr.
What is my favorite coated bullet? answer: The ones I cast and coat myself.

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
No interest in FMJ? You can get them around $88 per 1k if you buy 2k.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Missouri Bullet Hi-Tek Coated .356 Dia - 147 gr Brinell 18 Optimized Subsonic 3.7g CFE

Bullet Weight: 147.0
Power Factor Average: 128
Power Factor Low: 120
Power Factor High: 130
Number of Shots: 9 Minimum: 817 Maximum: 890 Spread: 73 Average: 871 Standard Deviation: 21

1st 500 - Issues with follow up shots for an old guy - USPSA starts next week - Hoping these will help. Love them so far.

Ran a Mag with 3x 115, 124 and then these 147's What a smooth shooter. M9 and a 1911 short barrel.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
A sample of Blues is on the way.

My reloading components seem to disappear quickly.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Webley Green:
Missouri Bullet Company. Period.

Yup. They make excellent boolits, with a lot of variety.
http://missouribullet.com/results.php?category=20

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post

L-R
Blue 135TC, Bayou 135RN, SE 145RN, Bayou 147 TC

The Blue Bullet company sizes theirs to .355, so I will see how they do. I’m hoping that the slightly smaller diameter and more pointed shape will be more forgiving with the CZ.

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I dont understand why you would buy these when you can get jacketed round nose from rmr with there 8 % off discount 147.20 for 2000

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I dont understand why you would buy these when you can get jacketed round nose from rmr with there 8 % off discount 147.20 for 2000

XLT - You got my attention with this price. How do you qualify for the 8% discount?

Thanks. Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:

XLT - You got my attention with this price. How do you qualify for the 8% discount?

Thanks. Mark
That's a "me too" for that question. The Q&A section on their website says:

"Does RMR offer discounts?

"Yes and no. We have been asked by many deserving individuals how they can obtain a discount. Police, Military, Firefighters, Competitive Shooters, Youth Shooters, Militia Groups, FFL Holders and more, are among those who contact us. We agree. You do deserve a discount. So, rather than dealing with the hassle of multiple discount codes and verification programs, we decided to keep our margins lower and offer a discount to everyone. This is why you’ll find great prices every day on our products. We aren’t flamboyant about this, we’re just regular people trying to treat our customers right."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've shot lots of BBI in the past and been very pleased with them.

As for bulk bullets, I mostly shoot ibejiheads now.

The prices are good, they're a big supporter/sponsor to USPSA matches and the owner shoots at our club often, so it's possible to get them delivered in person and save shipping costs. Wink

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:

Thanks. Mark

RMR has discounts all the time I signed up and made an account, I get there emails when they have discounts. the last one was 8flash on the coupon code. the before that was rmrinhouse 8 great bullets 148.80 for 2000 rounds of 124 rn full metal jackets. And free shipping

I just checked 8flash still works 10/10/18

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, Precision bullets. They are swaged for the same weight and geometry consistency as jacketed bullets and they have always been quite accurate. Their old coating has always been 100% perfect for me, but they have an improved on.
They are hard enough for any 9x19, 9x21, .38 super and, if they made them, for the .44 Mag.

Posts: 161 | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MISSOURI BULLETS filled the bill for me with their 38 S&W and32 Wad Cutter coated bullets. Will be trying their other flavors soon. Excellent service as well. JMHO Smile

Posts: 134 | Location: Berryville, VA | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Old thread but wanted to update.

So far I’ve shot in 9mm approximately :
800 Summers Enterprises 145gr RN
1 case of Bayou 135gr
3 cases of Blues 135gr TC
1 case of Blues 125gr TC

In 40:
Cases of 180gr Blues

Testing in 40:
Acme 180
SNS 180
Ibejihead 180
Precision 185
Bayou 180
Bayou 165

Testing in 9mm:
Acme 125 RN
Bayou 120 TC, too short for Glock. Bullet setback.
BBI 125 TC
Ibejihead 125
Ibejihead 135

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I am currently loading SnS bullets in .38.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I use precision bullets, have for years in 40 and 9, they feed perfectly for My Glock and my STI.

https://precisionbullets.com/product/9mm-115-rn/

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I have shot some samples from most of these fine suppliers. I settled on the Summers 145 RN for USPSA and Steel Challenge, price being my motivator. I will say my experience with that wt in the conical/flat nose style generally had a accuracy edge, particularly at the longest targets. Certainly not enough to matter in most run and gun stages and my aging body and skills Smile

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been very happy w/ Blue Bullets 135gr. TC 9mm.

Posts: 4028 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I do like the 135gr Blue TC. I’ve been loading to 1.125” and 4.2gr CFE-P

Loaded some new test rounds 15 each:

124gr Ibijihead .356
4.6gr CFE-P
1.08”
WSPP
Shadow 2 131.9PF
320 X5 Legion 133.6PF

125gr BBI .356
4.6gr CFE-P
WSPP
1.09”
Shadow 2 133PF
320 X5 Legion 131.6PF

124gr Ibijihead .356
4.8gr CFE-P
WSPP
1.08”
Shadow 2 136.8PF
320 X5 Legion 135.65PF

125gr BBI .356
4.8gr CFE-P
WSPP
1.09”
Shadow 2 136.9PF
320 X5 Legion 135.8PF