SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Looking for a new coated 9mm bullet, what’s your favorite?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a new coated 9mm bullet, what’s your favorite? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I powder coat my own. If I can figure out how to down load a picture here, I will post one. But, I find mine just as accurate as "The Blue" bullet and as I do shoot a lot and reload a lot so it makes since. I buy Powder Coat paint from Harbor Freight and a toaster oven from Wally World and started doing my own. I use them in competition and as range ammo. A box of 357 Sig, 45 ACP and 9mm are less than $5.00 a box.

Posts: 4 | Location: The State of Jefferson | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:
I have recently bought SNS Casting bullets. They have been great so far.

If you buy in quantity there is a discount after 5000 or 10,000. Give a positive review and get a 5% discount code.

Very fast shipping.

https://store-8hayp.mybigcommerce.com

Jsjac

I have just got on a subscription for bullets from Blue Bullets. I have gotten the first case.
I just need more primers now.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I was on a Blue subscription for .40 S&W. Unfortunately they are not accepting new subscriptions right now due to back log.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8342 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm using Acme and Bayou, Missouri Bullet is a good one too.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
I have been using Brazos for 45 swc and really like them. I’ll order some 9mm soon!
They are in the middle of expanding, so hopefully back orders won’t take too long. Plus, they give a military discount!
https://www.brazosprecision.com/9mm_c_15.html

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pretty much split between SNS and black bullets international if both great companies. Black Bullets I especially like because the price they put on their website is the price you pay including shipping

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Ibejiheads Coated Bullets is a great manufacturer. I've used tens of thousands of their products.

As far as 9mm I prefer their 147 NLG flat point. They function flawlessly in any one of a number of handguns across manufacturers.

Can't go wrong with the Blue Bullet line.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I’ve been pleased with this supplier...great product at a fair price...

https://summersenterprisesllc.com/

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I’ve been pleased with this supplier...great product at a fair price...

https://summersenterprisesllc.com/

Donny Summers is awesome. I almost hate to let people in on the secret with bullets being so hard to find right now, and I know like everyone else he's having trouble keeping up...but he has great prices on a solid product, and he's always been fantastic to deal with.

Posts: 8531 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Eggleston bullets. Liking the 9mm 115gr. TC sized in both .356 and .358. I run the .356 in my Glocks and the .358 in my Ruger Carbine and BHP.

Posts: 3142 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
This thread has been pretty interesting. Lots of new info for me too.

How do coated bullets differ in performance/cost from plated?

I know this is an older thread, but we are all looking for cost savings especially in the current market.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
While I’m crashing here at home until next week when I get this damn kidney stone busted up and hopefully pissed out...I just ordered 3850 9MM and .38 wad cutter plated bullets from Summers Enterprises... Smile...Donny Summers has always been a great person to do business with Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post