SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
SS tumbled and cleaned the 450 pieces of 223 brass I had and bought me some Reloader 10x (earlier this week)powder.....Hope to load up some test rounds this weekend....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
Made a dummy with this Speer 33gr HP for the TCM. Seems like it should work good. Now to figure out a safe starting point.

Bill - I have an open box of 40gr, 50gr, and 60gr Nosler bullets (I think I provided the right wts but can confirm when I get home) if you need a handful of each to try before you purchase a box full (if you have not). Email me your address if you would like 20 of each an I will be happy to send to you (Karma) for the support you have always provided me here on the forum....I can fit all of them into a small padded envelope and have them in route by First Class Mail tomorrow if you need them.....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
That's awesome, but I would imagine they would be too long, most .224 are which is why the hornet bullets are so good. Armscor uses a hornet/22mag bullet.

If they are short, like barely over half an inch, I would be happy to try some, but they probably aren't.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill - See photos below - I was wrong about the 60gr - they were 69gr and way to long but let me know if the 40gr or 50gr might work...Happy to send you what you need. You can email me your address if you want to try either or both.... mark.dillon@ecolab.com

posted Hide Post
Put away 12lbs of Varget and 2000 Berger 105 Hybrids Big Grin Just cracked open my last 8lb jug of Varget, relief to score the 12lbs.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Yeah those are both too long for TCM, its a very limited and finicky beast. The problem is you have to set them so deep that the crimp is on the taper and doesn't work well.

Well, today I made a deal for 5lbs of powder for $125. I get there and the guy says I have Varget too and puts it with the stuff I was buying. I told him 3 times I didn't want the Varget (he wanted too much for it) and handed him the money for the powder and he put it in the box. He didn't seem all there so I just let it go, I gave him a lot of chances.

So I ended up with 3lbs of 4064, 1lb of 3031, 1lb of Varget, and 1lb of Alliant 2400 for $125. Pretty happy with that. I was fine with 25ea for the other stuff as it has gone up to 28-30 locally.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude .....

Posts: 723 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: January 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
He tried to give me a pound of titegroup too but I declined, but he was having no part of the varget.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Found a vendor at our local gunshow who had gotten in a shipment of Alliant powder.

He had a bunch of Alliant power, including 700X and Power Pistol. I watched him sell 2 pounds of it to some poor guy for $45.00/lb. Way too rich for my blood.

At around 9:20 AM, there was an ND around 20 yards from where I was, but in plain view. A female vendor was setting up her pistol display, checked to make sure one of the pistols was empty and pulled the trigger.

One .380 round went right into her purse and stopped. Nobody asked, but I think it hit her CCW inside the purse.

Fortunately, no one was hurt but the vendor was scared shitless, as she should be. There's no excuse for what happened there.

You should've seen all the guys who reached for their guns when the shot went off. It was reminiscent of that Glock commercial R. Lee Ermy is in where a guy with a sawed off shotgun tries to rob a diner that's full of cops from a convention.

It kind of showed how many people don't declare ALL their firearms at the door and get them unloaded and zip tied.

OTOH, who trusts a gunshow promoter to protect them anyway?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Does anybody?

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Burning vacation so I loaded the following today after lunch:

100 rounds 125gr LRN cowboy 38 special
50 rounds 115gr Plated 9mm
41 rounds 158gr JHP +P+ 38 special (41 is how many bullets I had left).

Tomorrow I have to take the little one to get her shots before school but I might size up some 380 tonight and load them in the morning.

Acme Rocket Scientist
Picture of finklea73
posted Hide Post
Scored 8lbs of Power Pistol for $24 lb. and 3 lbs. of 1680 for $29. Pretty excited for the 1680. Been looking for it a long time for my 300 blackout subs.

Posts: 402 | Registered: December 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I made up a couple hundred 45 225 loads using Oregon trail bullets and VV 340. I also called up Dillon and ordered a new handle for my 550B. The nylock nut has finally stripped and won't tighten or loosen for that matter. I should have called Dillon months ago and gotten some of the nuts but didn't. I will cut off the old one and replace with new once I get it. Would be a good time to clean the beast up some.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Picked up six bottles of Hodgdon Clays for $180 out the door at a LGS...$30 for a 14 ounce bottle made me gasp...but it's the only Clays I've seen in a while Frown...

Also 3k of Federal large pistol primers for $32 per k...

Like Para said...buy your stuff while it's quiet...if (nowadays that's a big if) I find something I need and use...I'm now more prone to buy it and hold my breath when I pay for it Frown ...

Hopefully things are getting better...received an email from a friend this morning who said the Sportsman's Warehouse in Chattanooga had a good amount of bulk 550 round .22 LR in store (limit 1 per customer) for $24.99...as well as a couple of bottles of 700X (which he bought).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Flash ordered 3,000 more bullets from X-Treme bullets.

Only $5.00 shipping from the Carson City, Nevada area to here.

Not bad, but my mailman is going to hate me.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Picked up six bottles of Hodgdon Clays for $180 out the door at a LGS.

Hmm, last I heard the factory had burnt down so its a good sign that you are seeing it again. I wonder if that factory makes Trailboss too because I found a bottle last week.

Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
quote:
Picked up six bottles of Hodgdon Clays for $180 out the door at a LGS.

Hmm, last I heard the factory had burnt down so its a good sign that you are seeing it again. I wonder if that factory makes Trailboss too because I found a bottle last week.

I hope this is new stock...they also had International Clays...which is also made in Australia...but no Universal...
Also the first Titewad I have seen on the shelf in like forever...
Everything in small bottles...no 4 or 8 pound jugs for anything Hodgdon...
I've been hoping I will get an Email instock alert for Alliant Clay Dot in an 8# jug from some of the online sources...everybody I know who loads for pistol or shotgun really likes it and it's at a lower price point (or was) than Clays...
Maybe things are starting to change for the good.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I saw this today from a seller that is on the way to the range we shoot at:

quote:
We just got a powder shipment in! Alliant , RL10x, RL 17,RL 19, RL 22, 2000-MR, 300MP, and Alliant AR-Comp, red dot, blue dot
Winchester 780, 760
IMR 4320, IMR 4350, IMR4064, IMR 4831 1lb & 8lb, IMR4198,
Hodgdon Superformance, Retumbo and Varget, H100V, H414, H1000, We are expecting another truck on 6/27/2014 as well with others
We also have some other powder and primers that were already in stock, and a growing selection of reloading tools and supplies as well.
just in H110, H4895, more Varget, H380, H322 and H335 and Reloder 15, Winchester 748- 8LB, AND WE HAVE HODGDON H4350 IN 1 AND 8 LB SIZES. CFE pistol, TiteGroup, Bullseye and Auto Comp, also BlueDot.

That's a good sign!

(I think the date is a mistake, it was posted today).

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Winchester 748

There's a name we haven't seen much of lately.

They're still in business!

Now make some WST damn it!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20317 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Winchester 748

There's a name we haven't seen much of lately.

They're still in business!

Now make some WST damn it!

RMD

I've seen quite a bit of 748 here in the last few gunshows, but no WST.

It's interesting how some areas of the country seem to get one powder and others get other powders. It's a very unequal distribution.